Prairie dog offense - home only?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Do we run the prairie dog ("look at me") offense only at home?

We introduced it vs. North Carolina (home game).

Then didn't run it at Clemson. That game is somewhat of a blur at this point, but I think we used the Aback to run a play in (with the issue being some of the plays didn't make it in correctly...).

Then brought it back the prairie dog against Pitt and FSU (both home games).

Right?

So do we see the traditional offense (A back brings in the play), or the no-huddle hurry-up-to-go-slow prairie dog style on Saturday?

Either way, I hope we take another step forward. Which is better? Why? What do you expect to see on Saturday?

/

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
prairie-dog-wallpaper-12-794875.jpg

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Do we run the prairie dog ("look at me") offense only at home?

We introduced it vs. North Carolina (home game).

Then didn't run it at Clemson. That game is somewhat of a blur at this point, but I think we used the Aback to run a play in (with the issue being some of the plays didn't make it in correctly...).

Then brought it back the prairie dog against Pitt and FSU (both home games).

Right?

So do we see the traditional offense (A back brings in the play), or the no-huddle hurry-up-to-go-slow prairie dog style on Saturday?

Either way, I hope we take another step forward. Which is better? Why? What do you expect to see on Saturday?

/
Anything that works is fine with me. I want to use the clock. I know most teams think that TOP is overrated and archaic in today's hurry up offense but not to THIS TEAM and our unique set of circumstances. Run that bone, use the clock and most of all limit the other team's possessions. That has been a winning formula all during the CPJ era and I see no reason to change. Personally, I kind of like bringing the play in using the A back shuttle but that's just me. I trust Coach Johnson to do what is best for our team.

Declinometer

Banned
I know as an ex lineman, one thing that they hate is being stuck in a three point stance for a prolonged period of time. Our lines 3 point stance is different than most teams with a lot of forward lean which can get uncomfortable when held for a little while. Some teams signal in plays when the linemen are in a two point stance which allows them to stand while the play is being signaled. We don't.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I know as an ex lineman, one thing that they hate is being stuck in a three point stance for a prolonged period of time. Our lines 3 point stance is different than most teams with a lot of forward lean which can get uncomfortable when held for a little while. Some teams signal in plays when the linemen are in a two point stance which allows them to stand while the play is being signaled. We don't.

Yeah it's bad. I played offensive line for 8 years...those knuckles and knees don't feel very good after a while