Practice time, opportunity await Matthew Jordan

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hope he gets a chance occasionally next year. Oth, I'm real glad we have Tim Byerly on the team. If – but Heaven forfend! – JT should get injured, I don't think we lose much at all with Tim out there. (We'll look different, of course, but the results should be about the same.) Jordan will get his opportunity and I'm actually looking forward to that. He has the look of another Kaipo in his HS films.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps wishful thinking but I would love for Tech to put up so many points early on some teams this year that both of our backup QBs get plenty of game time. I want this both for the experience gained but also for their morale.
I think that will happen if our defense can keep the opponent to under 21 points per game.

Huntrey

Georgia Tech Fan
Gotta look at 2016 as well. Byerly will be gone, so having MJ ready to backup JeT in 2016 is just as important.

If our coaches are considering the 2016 backup QB's preparedness right now, we may as well start poppin' bottles.

slugboy

Staff member
We ranked 114 out of 128 teams in 3rd conversions allowed (45.5%). That says it all right there. We've got to get off the field when given the opportunity.
If we could just force one more punt a game--maybe two--I think you'd see more of the backups getting in the game. Looking back at the first seven games of last year, we could really have used an extra stop in all of those games. While Georgia Southern was a pretty good team, they should have been playing against our backups in the second half. More so for Tulane. And, of course UNC and Duke...

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Gotta think Damon Mitchell is kicking himself in the rear. Instead of battling MJ for backup duties and possible starter down the line, he's at Arkansas where the coaches are still trying to find a position for him.

Without a doubt...check his bio.

"REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2014)Moved to wide receiver in the offseason and ppeared in four contests… Recorded six receptions for 58 yards… vs. Nicholls (Sept. 6): Tallied a career-high 36 yards rushing on three attempts, including a game-long 13-yard run… vs. UAB (Oct. 25): Recorded a career-long 15-yard rush."

they didn't even care enough to spell appeared right.

Also of note...He has been at Arkansas for two years now...and during that time Georgia Tech has as many SEC wins as Arkansas does.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Without a doubt...check his bio.

"REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2014)Moved to wide receiver in the offseason and ppeared in four contests… Recorded six receptions for 58 yards… vs. Nicholls (Sept. 6): Tallied a career-high 36 yards rushing on three attempts, including a game-long 13-yard run… vs. UAB (Oct. 25): Recorded a career-long 15-yard rush."

they didn't even care enough to spell appeared right.

Also of note...He has been at Arkansas for two years now...and during that time Georgia Tech has as many SEC wins as Arkansas does.
Love that last point!