Practice Day #12

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I Heard Clinton Lynch had a long TD run.

Great to hear some positives on Clinton. He has been off the publicity radar since he arrived on campus. Would like to hear more about his progress. In the last couple of weeks CPJ has mentioned him as being in the AB competition. Spring Game should give us some insight on how/if Clinton will contribute to the 2015 team.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
FWIW, I Heard Clinton Lynch had a long TD run.

I had Clinton on my 5 guys to watch. If he and Qua Searcy can contribute at A-back, then that will be one less worry. With the Jeune update making me feel better about WR, that would only leave depth at B-back. Looking forward to Spring game to get a sense of who might be ready to contribute.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Or maybe some infusion of talent coming in the fall can upgrade the skill positions.

No doubt that freshmen talent coming in the Fall will give us an upgrade, but ABs in the early games will likely predominantly be from the Spring Game roster. I agree the backfield will look different by the Ga game with the infusion of some of that freshmen talent.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Outside of being booted from the team or transferring...what AB has CPJ recruited that wasn't at least a decent contributor before their career was over? I don't think we've flat out whiffed recruiting for the AB position if the guy made it to campus.

Marcus Wright was pretty much booted from the team, but he was actually one of our top ABs before he got his walking papers.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Go get em, CPJ! Tell how fat and lazy and uncoordinated they are! Tell em how they would get beat down by the big bad SEC teams and tell em how much they need to improve before they play the first real snap.

TIC, of course, but you can always count on CPJ for a dose of reality when others are shooting sunshine up your bottom. The question is...who are they listening to?

Go Jackets!

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sounded about like you would expect CPJ to sound on the 2nd Saturday of spring ball. Nothing more; nothing less.

Between all the new guys and the walking wounded, there's just not much to see. That's unfortunate, but it's all going to ride on Fall practice now. Still, my hunch is something is getting advanced this spring more than anyone is letting on. The offense will get there some way. If he says the D is improved...that's my takeaway I'll camp out on.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Is this a GT Paul Johnson clinic? Coaches other than GT Coaches presenting?

Wow should be a heck of a recruiting tool. Coaches from around the Country? Texas, Ohio, California?
Every school has a coaches clinic. This weekend was Tech's.

Animal02

Banned
Sounded about like you would expect CPJ to sound on the 2nd Saturday of spring ball. Nothing more; nothing less.

Between all the new guys and the walking wounded, there's just not much to see. That's unfortunate, but it's all going to ride on Fall practice now. Still, my hunch is something is getting advanced this spring more than anyone is letting on. The offense will get there some way. If he says the D is improved...that's my takeaway I'll camp out on.

I would expect the passing game (timing, routes, etc) to get worked on off season, one on one with the QBs and receivers. That is something easy to do without coaching oversight on a daily basis. All you need is access to a field.