Practice #7 (8/6)

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I've said before so I'll say it again: I think our starting 5 after a game or two will be Griffin, Mason, Burden, Devine, and Braun. Braun has played OT before, albeit briefly, and is the obvious choice here if Chamberlain doesn't see the light. Devine and Brigham could platoon if Shamire has conditioning issues, but we've not heard anything along those lines yet.

I'm hoping we don't have to do this. It would mean three brand new starters on an OL already inexperienced. True, they've got physics on their side, but experience counts in an O like ours. OL is the most complicated position on the field. Glad this is what we pay the coaches to figure out.
I like this idea as well....or if there is such a problem at RT and C is having such a fierce competition then move Burden to RT and put O'Reily at C.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Only problem then becomes depth at C.
True..the idea of Braun at RT makes the most since honestly. If we make that move then, I think we would be more than solid up front..especially from a size standpoint of just wearing people down with the BB and then popping a big one outside.