Power Package

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
If David Sims holds the BB job, I would like to see Charles Perkins and/or Snoddy at AB some if they can make the blocks. Lucas Cox contributed a good bit at AB in 08' and Allen in 09' which was our two best years. It's good to have the small speedy guys to make big plays, but against some of the faster defenses (FSU/Miami/UGA) I'd rather drag the defenders for 3-5 yards than get slammed in the back field most of the time.

Just a thought

GTTerrific

Georgia Tech Fan
GTonTop88 said:
If David Sims holds the BB job, I would like to see Charles Perkins and/or Snoddy at AB some if they can make the blocks. Lucas Cox contributed a good bit at AB in 08' and Allen in 09' which was our two best years. It's good to have the small speedy guys to make big plays, but against some of the faster defenses (FSU/Miami/UGA) I'd rather drag the defenders for 3-5 yards than get slammed in the back field most of the time.

Just a thought

Sounded like Snoddy, who I call "Superman," felt more comfortable at BB, where he played in HS. I've heard he wants to get on the field at either AB or BB now. He's still got a lot of football left in his career here.

Perkins is one of those guys that can't get over the injury bug. Hopefully he'll get to make a bigger contribution this year.

Both of these guys have people to beat out in order to get significant playing time. Fun to watch unfold. We'll see what happens.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Snoddy/Perkins are definitely more of a home run threat at BB, but Sims is very consistent. He receives the hand off and gets back to the line, as fast as anybody and very rarely gets negative yards. Runs low and hard, and probably the best back we have inside of 10 yards.

But you never know, Perkins was the starter at the beginning of last year.

rduck

Georgia Tech Fan
GTonTop88 said:
Snoddy/Perkins are definitely more of a home run threat at BB, but Sims is very consistent. He receives the hand off and gets back to the line, as fast as anybody and very rarely gets negative yards. Runs low and hard, and probably the best back we have inside of 10 yards.

I believe Perkins was the starter by default because of injuries. I agree that bigger/stronger AB's tend to have more success.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Donavon Wilson is suppose to be strictly an AB and he's listed at 205. Maybe he gets in there and makes an impact as a true freshman, we also have Days at 215, good speed just needs to get a better handle on the ball. I really think his main problem with fumbling was how he held the ball as a qb to make the pitch on the option.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Days should get lot of time at A back this year. If they went to a jumbo package it would be Days and Hill at A back with Sims at B

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Perkins,if health and attitude right, would be my choice in the backfield with Godhigh and Sims/Laskey/Snoddy at BB. D. Hill may have a breakout season. The spring game should be interesting, just seeing who will step up and take a spot on the field.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
GTonTop88 said:

JacketTrain said:
Perkins,if health and attitude right, would be my choice in the backfield with Godhigh and Sims/Laskey/Snoddy at BB. D. Hill may have a breakout season. The spring game should be interesting, just seeing who will step up and take a spot on the field.

Perkins started because Sims was hurt and Laskey had 3 months at B-back. After that first series, it was apparent that Laskey was already better.
Snoddy's longest run is 19 yards vs UVA, last season. Perkins longest run is 14 yards vs MTSU in 2011. Perkins has rushed for 9 more yards in his CAREER, than Sims had against USC. Sims ran for 49 more yards against USC than Snoddy had the whole season.
The next homerun I see from either of those two will be the first. Let's step away from fantasy land until we at least see some practice.

Edit: Not knocking those players, just hate that players like Sims and Laskey are looked over, even though they have actually produced.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
GTBandit22 said:
GTonTop88 said:

JacketTrain said:

Perkins started because Sims was hurt and Laskey had 3 months at B-back. After that first series, it was apparent that Laskey was already better.
Snoddy's longest run is 19 yards vs UVA, last season. Perkins longest run is 14 yards vs MTSU in 2011. Perkins has rushed for 9 more yards in his CAREER, than Sims had against USC. Sims ran for 49 more yards against USC than Snoddy had the whole season.
The next homerun I see from either of those two will be the first. Let's step away from fantasy land until we at least see some practice.

Edit: Not knocking those players, just hate that players like Sims and Laskey are looked over, even though they have actually produced.

We wasn't arguing that Perkins or Snoddy should take Sims job. We were sayin that they should play AB. I don't see either of them beating out Sims, if you read my previous statements carefully.