Potential redshirt for Sjolund

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping for at least one bucket so I could get out to an early lead in Didenko vs. Watson wager..LOL.

On a serious note, Didenkos body language was bad last night. I don’t know if it’s a language barrier or what, but I never see him talking to teammates, and this may sound like an odd observation, but I’m yet to see him smile. The game should be fun!
That is a valid observation regarding Didenko but I would not draw any conclusions based on it at this stage. Russians, and Europeans in general, do not smile a lot in public, but are fun in their private life.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
CJP was quoted in interview regarding Sjolund that the final decision to RS is on the player. He says he will never push a kid to RS, it is a serious personal decision that the player needs to make based on what the kid thinks is best for himself.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Let's hope Sjolund concludes that redshirting this season is best for him. Otherwise, he may seek to transfer if he perceives he won't be a significant part of the rotation in future years.

Some redshirting may be required in the 'get old, stay old' strategy of CJP.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
With Didenko, they might just want to move him through if he doesn't project to be more than a limited role player.

I know it was close to garbage time when he played against Elon - but I was really curious to see him at the 3. Yes he can shoot but he is thick and IMHO not really quick enough to guard the 3 spot - at least in man. Maybe I missed something but I expected him to be a stretch 4 type. He may end up being a tweener who doesn't really fit at either spot?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was hoping for at least one bucket so I could get out to an early lead in Didenko vs. Watson wager..LOL.

On a serious note, Didenkos body language was bad last night. I don’t know if it’s a language barrier or what, but I never see him talking to teammates, and this may sound like an odd observation, but I’m yet to see him smile. The game should be fun!

Given that Watson is currently indefinitely suspended from all basketball activities at OK ST you may be able to win this one by default depending upon the outcome of the potential title IX investigation.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Given that Watson is currently indefinitely suspended from all basketball activities at OK ST you may be able to win this one by default depending upon the outcome of the potential title IX investigation.

That's what I am banking on... Just need a single basket from DD! I'm a good sport though, I wouldn't want to win it like that, but at least I wouldn't lose it.

All kidding aside, I wouldn't have said this at the time, but after seeing him play, I do think that Asanti Price would average more minutes and points than Marcus Watson, even if he weren't facing those issues.

Without a doubt, we got an absolute steal in AP!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That's what I am banking on... Just need a single basket from DD! I'm a good sport though, I wouldn't want to win it like that, but at least I wouldn't lose it.

All kidding aside, I wouldn't have said this at the time, but after seeing him play, I do think that Asanti Price would average more minutes and points than Marcus Watson, even if he weren't facing those issues.

Without a doubt, we got an absolute steal in AP!

Yeah I might have made that bet in the spring, but would have immediately regretted it when I watched the guys play in Spain. Price is going to be a good pull for us. I thought we may have a short window with Banks leaving this year, but with JA, Devoe, Bubba, Prince, Usher and Moses as a core next season, that aint bad. ASAP has been a pleasant surprise.