Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
From what I understand that’s because Todd made the offer ASAP And did not get input from much of anyone else. Remember Todd knows best. I don’t think he expected the significant Backlash the Fanbase gave.

I think his mind thought it was a tech alumn and nfl guy so what could be wrong.

Then he turned on his phone.

Now. Is it true it was a hasty offer and shoot from the hip almost with little rigor? Not sure. That is the ‘feeling’ from the person who told me.
TStan has had me a bit concerned since his "shoot from the hip" contact extension to CJP after a better than expected but still mediocre season for getting NIT aka "losers bracket". I'll wait patiently hoping its a false rumor.

T S is not going to pay attention to what is posted on this site if he does he should be fired
But whether it's on this site or whatever, he SHOULD be aware of what many of the fans (LOTS of the fans) are saying, since WE are the ones who pay the bills. Dewberry and the other big money alums may shell out the big bucks for THEIR preference as HC, but history has shown, that they seldom CONTINUE their support for the coach in position.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If he did make such a shoot from the hip offer, he needs to be shown the door as soon as possible There is no way someone in his position should be shooting front the hip

If you believe its an offer. Without a doubt it came far before going through a full candidate slate. If you believe it.

I agree he knew about this for a while. But until paul made it public it wasnt too actionable.

But. Someone did tell me they were not convinced it was a truly an offer. But the discussion was about the structure of what the offer would be vs its yours

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm trying to be open and consider the pros and cons of all the candidates. Someone explain the appeal of Geoff Collins to me.
I’ll bite. I think the pros of Collins are his reputation as a recruiter, his roots in Georgia, and his track record at Temple.

I’ll throw this in too. I love the option, and I love what it does for a school like Tech. But if we’re not going to hire an option guy like Monken or Bohannon, I’m warming up to Collins. He’s been here twice before, the second time as recruiting coordinator, so he knows our constraints and how to sell Tech. He’s defensive minded and has the support of GOL, who say what you will about his character, the man knows football and how to win at Tech. And most importantly for me, Collins by all accounts really wants the job. Like, he doesn’t just want a job that’s not Temple - he really wants Tech. That’s so much more than KW can say.

slugboy

Staff member
well, in retrospect 11 years of not passing may have been the appropriate response to 4 consecutive years of Reggie ball (wonder if he was related to Lavar?) somehow i think a balanced offense will always work best.
Reggie catches flak for this, but the coaches who didn't improve his completion percentage and the pass protection over 4 years still get jobs.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’m okay with Ken getting the Georgia Tech job if you go get some elite recruiters on the staff and I’d keep Nate Woody at all cost. Ken understands Tech I don’t think he’d be the dumpster fire everyone thinks he’d be.

Yeah, hell why not? We think we know but we might be wrong. He's got a ton of experience. I hope it's not him but if it is I still have hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.