Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPlayCard

Georgia Tech Fan
As a "fiduciary of the GTAA" his role is to hire the best person for the program. He has hired nobody yet. Getting mad over interviewing someone and using leverage to help out a network is hypocritical and lame. If we hire Whisenhunt, I'll eat my words, but until a legitimate report comes out, this is conjecture / to help a friend.
Lol ok Todd STANSbury

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
For what’s its worth I’m still hearing it’s Whiz or at least his job to turn down

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
For what’s its worth I’m still hearing it’s Whiz or at least his job to turn down
From what I understand that’s because Todd made the offer ASAP And did not get input from much of anyone else. Remember Todd knows best. I don’t think he expected the significant Backlash the Fanbase gave.

I think his mind thought it was a tech alumn and nfl guy so what could be wrong.

Then he turned on his phone.

Now. Is it true it was a hasty offer and shoot from the hip almost with little rigor? Not sure. That is the ‘feeling’ from the person who told me.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol ok Tom STANSbury

I agree with @shakim3 - TS and KW were teammates and were probably still friends/in contact before the whole coaching search even began. He likely was throwing KW's name around 1) as a smoke screen 2) to get his friend a raise/help with landing an NFL HC job and 3) appease a subset of donors who want KW to have the job.

At least that's what I hope was/is going on.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand that’s because Todd made the offer ASAP And did not get input from much of anyone else. Remember Todd knows best. I don’t think he expected the significant Backlash the Fanbase gave.

I think his mind thought it was a tech alumn and nfl guy so what could be wrong.

Now. Is it true it was a hasty offer and shoot from the hip almost with little rigor? Not sure. That is the ‘feeling’ from the person who told me.
I think Todd knew this was coming since September and has talked to plenty of folks for input. It also helps to have a huge $ donor in Dewberry pushing for him

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow

T S is not going to pay attention to what is posted on this site if he does he should be fired

Animal02

Banned

If he did make such a shoot from the hip offer, he needs to be shown the door as soon as possible There is no way someone in his position should be shooting front the hip

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with @shakim3 - TS and KW were teammates and were probably still friends/in contact before the whole coaching search even began. He likely was throwing KW's name around 1) as a smoke screen 2) to get his friend a raise/help with landing an NFL HC job and 3) appease a subset of donors who want KW to have the job.

At least that's what I hope was/is going on.
KW has a house on lake burton they are still close friends

Bravebee10

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm trying to be open and consider the pros and cons of all the candidates. Someone explain the appeal of Geoff Collins to me.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Just because we may luck out doesn't remove $tan$bury from my ****ter for this stunt.
Stansbury has done more in his time here than the entirety of Bobinsky and the final years of Rad combined. He is very close with Ken, he is helping Ken gets a raise. Unless shown otherwise, Stansbury understands this school and what it takes to win more than anyone else has.
Well if he flush the toilet he did more than Bobinsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.