Postgame: UGA 31-GT 23

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Two penalties not called that would have been huge -Kirby all the way to midfield yelling at the refs after we spike the ball, and an unnecessary roughness no call in front of the Tech bench. A drop by Singleton that would have been a tough over the shoulder catch but which a receiver should make if you get both hands on the ball like he did.

Just pointing out the obvious that Tech was very close to winning this game. Otherwise, as the Tech locker room exit sign says, “No excuses.” We got beaten by a better team and there is no shame in that.

Damn it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One that ticked me off was after the very first run from them the announcer said "there he goes through that leaky Tech defense." Like WTF it was the first f-ing play and you are already dissing the defense.
Same announcer said, not once but three different times, “There are no Tech fans here; it is all Georgia fans,” or words to that effect. To his credit, the other announcer changed the subject each time.”

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I watched the same game. Ever heard of the term "trap game?" This was a trap game for them as they are looking to win the SEC title again and continue their winning streak. Carson Beck threw the ball less times and had the least amount of passing yards he's had all season. It was obvious the game plan was to just run the ball down our throat and dominate the line of scrimmage, which they did. They sat Bowers and a couple of other guys on offense to save them for the Bama game. You can make yourself feel better about the scoreline, but it's clear we're not on their level. Maybe Key will get us their in a couple of years. I'm tired of losing to the dwags.
They sat Brock Bowers and the other guys because they had INJURIES which prevented them from playing. Bowers wanted to play but was limping hard in warmups, even the announcers mentioned it and questioned why he had his helmet on on the sideline when he obviously couldn't play. Yes everyone knows what a trap game is, and they might have gotten caught thinking this win would be easier than it was, but acting like they were practicing for Bama all week and not Tech like you originally claimed is just silly wrong.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Same announcer said, not once but three different times, “There are no Tech fans here; it is all Georgia fans,” or words to that effect. To his credit, the other announcer changed the subject each time.”
This was kinda funny to me because it seemed like nearly every view they showed of the stadium was of the student section or the lower West, where there was very little red to see - a decent bit of gold, but mostly just people in white/gray/blue/black jackets because it was cold.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Super proud of the guys tonight, but definitely dissatisfied with the results. I’m wondering if king is fully healthy, just seems to have regressed since mid season and of course that could just be the opponent too but idk something seems a little off with him, hoping some time off helps him regroup or recover a little more
It’s mostly the opponent, but he’s taken a pounding this season. Such is the life of a dual threat QB.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
They sat Brock Bowers and the other guys because they had INJURIES which prevented them from playing. Bowers wanted to play but was limping hard in warmups, even the announcers mentioned it and questioned why he had his helmet on on the sideline when he obviously couldn't play. Yes everyone knows what a trap game is, and they might have gotten caught thinking this win would be easier than it was, but acting like they were practicing for Bama all week and not Tech like you originally claimed is just silly wrong.
Yeah, rivalry games can be a little unpredictable. Alabama should have beaten Auburn by 3 scores but needed a last second miracle to win. By the previous poster’s logic, Bama must be so prepped for uga that the dogs don’t stand a chance.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
When he said that they keep winning in Atlanta because it’s a home game for them, I was so pissed! They may outnumber us even in our own stadium, but that was such a rude, insulting comment! What a jerk!
It seemed like a pretty good Tech crowd to me considering. Was surprised to see that it was not a sellout.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I must say, I'm glad this morning to see how humble our fan base is after last night, realizing we are so close to *earning* this win,

UGA folks on FB seem to be on a high horse at the moment acting like it was the refs fault last night , or the fact that they had starters out, or saying it was a meaningless game. Then hearing about UGA fans barking their way into the student section or chanting while we had an injury .

We're taking the high road. Next year in Athens will be fun to watch
Their fan base is beyond delusional!

It’s mental with them.

To act as injuries only occur to them is beyond insane.

They won both championships due to injuries on the other teams.
Alabama losing both star wr’s and had a lead in the 4th even despite that fact in 21.

Same with semi final game against OSU in 22 as they were getting beaten up until Marvin Harrison jr gets knocked out of the game.

Cry me a river mutts. We played them to a draw last year in Athens for the 1st half with our 3rd and 4th string qb’s last year!

Regarding the refs were against them. Hilarious. Two personal fouls clear as day missed against uga, Kirby being on the field not during a timeout and that penalty not called and multiple holds they got away with but yeah refs only make calls against them. And don’t even get me started on pi’s. Their corners are considered best in the country. Talent wise they might be however they are ALLOWED to hand fight with wr’s without making a play on the ball. Our corners don’t play the ball, guaranteed pi.

And we didn’t lose cause of missed calls. We simply didn’t make the plays when they were needed the most.

Their fans need a years supply of mydol and chocolate. Never heard so much whining

Majority of their fans are front runners. Probably couldn’t name 3-4 players from 90’s. They fly their back to back natty flags everywhere same as the new braves fans post 2021 ws champs.

Their all everything qb can’t even graduate in 7 years yet he gets all the eligibility he wants cause secheat does whatever it wants.

Board of Regents is dominated by ugag supporters and refuses to allow tech additional majors.

What a bunch of clowns.

Cool thing for most tech fans including myself was last night was great entertainment and I’m super proud of the boys. Will head off to church with my family this morning. Take my son to sports bar to watch falcons game and well wait to see bowl matchup and will do what I can to be there.

Go Jackets

Last edited:

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
If the game last night was the SEC championship game, Bowers and those other guys would have played. I never said they were practicing for Bama all week and not Tech. They knew they didn't have to run their complete offense against us because Milton ran for a career high and Beck didn't have to throw the ball as much like he normally does. If you were paying attention to their O-line, they were not really in danger of losing this game. Brent Key and the coaching staff have a lot of work to do to get studs on defense so we can beat them in Athens next year.

slugboy

Staff member
Super proud of the guys tonight, but definitely dissatisfied with the results. I’m wondering if king is fully healthy, just seems to have regressed since mid season and of course that could just be the opponent too but idk something seems a little off with him, hoping some time off helps him regroup or recover a little more
King went 11/20 (55%), 7.9 yards/pass. No interceptions and a couple of rushing TDs. All that against one of the top defenses in college football.
It’s part of the game, but if Singleton stays in bounds, King looks even better.
Compared to the game against Clemson, it was a much better day. ESPN QBR was 59.5, which is meh 😑, but against a top 15 or so defense in a rivalry game, it was solid.
And he was getting harassed. UGA has a pass rush

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
If the game last night was the SEC championship game, Bowers and those other guys would have played.
lol ok, you can believe they would have magically overcome those injuries. Bowers physically could not run last night, but sure uga is gonna trot him out there to go limp around at 25% speed.

I never said they were practicing for Bama all week and not Tech.
Also you:
You can definitely tell that they were just prepping for Bama.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think your looking at at least another season or 2 with Faulkner. The overall work was very good all year there is still some lapses in play calling at moments. If he continues to bring this offense to a top 15 offense over next few seasons hes gonna need a raise to keep around which is a good problem hopefully after next 2 years and us making that expanded playoff bracket ;)
Weinke may be just as good as Faulkner IMO

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how to react to this, but a buddy of mine just said Bowling Green did better against tech than UGa did.