Postgame: UGA 31-GT 23

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Are we finally through wandering in the football wilderness?
I think we are getting close

Here’s something to think about

Moral victories was all we could hope for but tonight we are mostly ticked about this moral victory.

Takeaways
We stopped ourselves on offense against supposedly the most talented d in the land. They didn’t really stop us
Buster called a fantastic game
Our offense is physical
Our defense is finesse
Reminds me a lot of the 98, 99 and 00 teams with Key- Very physical on oline. Very finesse on dline
That has to change

I love efford- Great future mlb . Don’t blame him for missed tackle. We blew way too many 3rd and longs

Here’s what we did do to ugag’s playoff chances

Likely number two now as Michigan should take over #1 slot
A loss to bama now likely knocks them out

All in all. Moral victories suck but this game was there for the taking and the mutt fans know it.

It’s not that their d sucks. Our offense is really clicking and could be special next year.

As always, screw the mutts and go jackets!!!

Now go win the bowl game. Finish with a winning record and hit the portal hard for defensive help

Last edited:

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I really hope Key has another great offensive coordinator hire in him. Hard to think a program with deeper pockets won’t offer Faulkner their OC job after what he’s accomplished with this offense. Absolute master class in play calling by him today with an assist going to the offensive line for giving us a chance.
Pay him whatever it takes.
I think your looking at at least another season or 2 with Faulkner. The overall work was very good all year there is still some lapses in play calling at moments. If he continues to bring this offense to a top 15 offense over next few seasons hes gonna need a raise to keep around which is a good problem hopefully after next 2 years and us making that expanded playoff bracket ;)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My son and I went to the bar where we watched Tech beat UNC. (We went to the games first, of course, but I have to leave early. Balance issues.) I ran into a Dwag in the pissior and he said, "You played a pretty good game." in a condescending tone. I replied, "Your day is coming and that right soon." And I meant it. Give the staff, preferably with a new DC, another year or two and the fear I saw in the Dwag fans in the first half will be common among them.

More detail later,

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The gap between us and GA feels a lot narrower tonight than it has in a very long time. Tonight, we looked like we belonged on the same field with them. It didn't look that way under Collins. At times, it looked like FCS vs NFL. Tonight, it looked like two P5 times competing.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I was laughing at the shot of “this stadium is mostly red” then they show the specific visitors section. The stadium may have been mostly red but choosing to show the visitor section which is always the other team’s colors was a bold move that only people familiar with Bobby Dodd would notice

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Will catch up on what has been said later.

Overall a heckuva game. Room for improvement, no doubt.

I saw no "quit" from the team.

Look forward to the bowl game coming up.

Goodnight / morning for now.

Go Jackets!

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
I hated that we lost the game but I loved that our offense played so physical. I can recall many games where our O players were tossed around like rag dolls by uga's D. Not tonight! Our RB's were delivering shots and always falling forward. We have very few negative plays on O outside of a few unfortunate bad passes/drops (a bit of both in some cases).

A few random thoughts:
  1. I thought we should have gone for it on 4th and 1 vs. taking the FG simply b/c we were not getting stopped for no gain on running plays. We had offensive momentum and we were going to need TD's to win the game. It seemed even more odd when we went for it on 4th and 1 on our side of the 50 on our next possession. However it was not the wrong call either :)
  2. I thought at the end of the 1st half we should have used our TO's when they had the ball 1st and goal. We could have gotten the ball back with a lot more time to do something.
  3. I am very curious to know what happened to our kickoffs. For a while this season we were able to kick it deep in the EZ for a touchback almost every time, then a few games ago we stopped being able to do that. Maybe an injury to Stewart?
  4. Our D did get two turnovers and forced a few punts. However they could not hold them to FG's in the red zone.
  5. I believe our team got better as they year progressed and man I hope we can win our bowl game to build momentum going into next year, plus we would finish with a winning season!

Go Jackets!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
What always cracks me up about 6iar is that they follow it up with the fact they’ve won 29 games in a row, the most in sec history. We aren’t the only ones losing to them. The difference between us and UF? They snuck one win in these last 7 years.

I had a long conversation with a Georgia fan that I’m friends with and they truly think they will always be on top. Their last two teams were very good top to bottom. But just like FSU in the 90s, Miami and VT in the early 2000s, Clemson in the 2010s, you can’t stay on top forever.
That was the least impressive uga team we have faced since Kirby’s first year. We just need to keep improving and they will come back to earth a bit, then we can start winning our share.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Helluva improvement over the last few editions. Coulda shoulda made a few more plays to really make it interesting. That damn 3rd quarter again.

Oh, and worst tv announcers ever. According to them, our players all suck, our coaches are all morons, and Carson Beck, s***s rainbows, so we should have just given u(sic)ga the W without even playing the game.
When he said that they keep winning in Atlanta because it’s a home game for them, I was so pissed! They may outnumber us even in our own stadium, but that was such a rude, insulting comment! What a jerk!

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Not happy with losing. No such thing as a good loss.

However, if you told me that with uGAs entire schedule, we would have held them to the least points and gotten the most Offense against them, I’d expect us to have gone 11-1.

This is a much improved team. With a few key pieces added and maybe some personnel changes, we could easily be 8-4 or better consistently. Maybe even 10-2.

Losses suck. This sucks. But we got a bowl game coming up. Let’s end this season on a high note boys and girls!

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
You must have been watching a different game. Their players repeatedly said, including at the end of the game, how important this game was and how much Kirby was stressing it all week. If they could have run the score up more they wouldn't have only one by one score and kept their starters in all game.
Yeah I watched the same game. Ever heard of the term "trap game?" This was a trap game for them as they are looking to win the SEC title again and continue their winning streak. Carson Beck threw the ball less times and had the least amount of passing yards he's had all season. It was obvious the game plan was to just run the ball down our throat and dominate the line of scrimmage, which they did. They sat Bowers and a couple of other guys on offense to save them for the Bama game. You can make yourself feel better about the scoreline, but it's clear we're not on their level. Maybe Key will get us their in a couple of years. I'm tired of losing to the dwags.