Postgame: UGA 31-GT 23

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I ****ing hate moral victories but I'll take competing over what we've seen the past few years any day.

King missed a lot of throws and that's what ultimately decided it. Hard to expect that level of perfection though.

Buster called a phenomenal game though.
Will Watch the misses in slow mo replay - last time the w r was stopped behind the under coversge on several occassions

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Proud is an understatement. Short of winning the game, this is exactly how CBK wanted us to play against ugag. Tough, physical, and flat out imposing our will in the run game. A play here or there turns this game into the upset of the year which is truly amazing to say. This is the game you want to play when you’ve got recruits in the building. If they can’t see the progress from last year and see that there was a significant chance all night to knock off the #1 team, then I don’t know how you could sell them to come to Tech. I think we will be seeing more impactful transfers and recruits after what they witnessed this year. This program is about to take off and I’m ready for the flight! GO JACKETS!! End the streak at 6 in their house!

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
No moral victories. With the talent disparity between our programs we really only have a chance when they play poorly in general or have multiple players out with injuries. We had both of those tonight and we blew it.

ME22

Georgia Tech Fan
Super proud of the guys tonight, but definitely dissatisfied with the results. I’m wondering if king is fully healthy, just seems to have regressed since mid season and of course that could just be the opponent too but idk something seems a little off with him, hoping some time off helps him regroup or recover a little more

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Number one goal in any game is to stop the run. Second goal is to run the ball. We were able to run the ball, but we couldn’t stop them running. I think Georgia’s average margin of victory is 25 points. Losing by 8 is not so bad considering.

Most of our best players are young guys and we get them back next year. The future is bright at GT. Just a few run stuffers on defense away from a really good team.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully the Jackets can continue to get better. Need a stronger and faster front 7 on defense - that was the difference. Credit to the Jackets for fighting until the end.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
You can definitely tell that they were just prepping for Bama. They could have ran up the score if they wanted to.
You must have been watching a different game. Their players repeatedly said, including at the end of the game, how important this game was and how much Kirby was stressing it all week. If they could have run the score up more they wouldn't have only one by one score and kept their starters in all game.