Post week 7 bowl projections

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
The reality is there will be teams with losing records. With the Power 5 conferences having so many bowl lock ins and only 1 game out of conference, even a team at 4-6 in conference will have a losing record. In a normal year, that would be offset by a 3-1 OOC schedule (to get to 500). You can definitely argue that we have double the number of bowls that we should. But with most of these bowls being on ESPN and their strong influence on college athletics, I don't see that changing.

I would prefer GT get a bowl on the East Coast to hopefully get more fans there. I don't think GT will get to a bowl without at least 5 wins overall which means we need to go at least 3-3 in our remaining games. And I do agree with a young team, additional practices would be of significant value.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We will probably win 5 or 6 games. The lack of eligibility requirement is probably going to hurt us though, as I could see better bowls passing us by for “more attractive” 4-win teams.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We will probably win 5 or 6 games. The lack of eligibility requirement is probably going to hurt us though, as I could see better bowls passing us by for “more attractive” 4-win teams.

I dunno about that. We are getting a good bit of national coverage this year and have some exciting young players. And we don't run the option, which I believe hurt us in bowl selection in the past because of the perception that tv audiences think it is boring. (Note this is not my opinion, just what seemed to be the *perception*.)

We are reasonably attractive, I think middle of the P5

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
no, I have seen every game the year but still don't think a team with a losing record no matter who should go to a bowl game.
I guess all the players should also get a trophy this year for playing.
No trophy but an extra year of eligibility.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Then why did you bring it up you asked if I knew the different in a 8 year program and a 2 year and a true freshman QB . my answer has as much to do about the topic as yours did.

Because that was relevant? Having a team full of players who were recruited specifically for and coached multiple years in the system vs having a team largely recruited for a different system and at most having 1 year of experience in the system. Extra practice time would be more valuable in that case.

You liking the team, loving sims, having season tickets, knee surgery, and donating 3k don't have any relevance to extra practice time being useful.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This year, of all years, you take a bowl invite regardless of your record. Especially for the kids. It’s a reward for everything they’ve been through. Covid etc.... And it’s extra practice for the team. We’re young and we need it to take advantage of extra practice. Now If you feel a team shouldn’t go because they’re under .500 the simple solution is just don’t watch the game. It’s about 18-22 year olds. Not us. Not this year.