Post-season bowl

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
247sports posted their spring post-season bowl game projections and Tech is not listed or even mentioned as a possible participant... Ouch!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I really have a hard time figuring out how we can’t get to 6 wins. I get the offensive switch but these kids ran what we’re about to do in HS. Shouldn’t be too much of an adjustment. We have talent at RB QB and there’s some sneaky talent at receiver positions.
Defensively I see the backfield being the strength of the D. I think we’re gonna be alright. Not predicting 10 wins but 7 is obtainable. USF Citadel Temple UNC Pitt Duke and someone late in the year will get knocked off. I think by November no one will want to see us!

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We managed to squeeze out 7 wins last year. We lost to USF, Pitt and Duke That, with a returning Senior QB and a long-tenured staff.

We are totally overhauling our program. Changing to the 3rd D scheme in 2 years. Transitioning from a niche offense in place for 11 years, with specific personnel recruited to run it.

We have a tough schedule. Including opening on the road against the defending National Champs. The Mutts are going to be good (sorry). Coastal Chaos will reign. Weird stuff will happen in Charlottesville. @ Miami is never fun...

We, as fans, have a fools hope that we'll shock the world. But, I'd question any objective outside observer who doesn't have us pegged as a rebuild with a bad losing record this coming season.

My heart says 7-8 wins. My head says 3-4.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I really have a hard time figuring out how we can’t get to 6 wins. I get the offensive switch but these kids ran what we’re about to do in HS. Shouldn’t be too much of an adjustment. We have talent at RB QB and there’s some sneaky talent at receiver positions.
Defensively I see the backfield being the strength of the D. I think we’re gonna be alright. Not predicting 10 wins but 7 is obtainable. USF Citadel Temple UNC Pitt Duke and someone late in the year will get knocked off. I think by November no one will want to see us!

It's not that we can't. It's that it is very likely we struggle a lot next year. We went 7-5 last year and trade the worst team in the ACC for one that won 9 games. Of the 6 that you listed, 3 beat us last year. We have nobody that is proven at either QB or WR, huge ?S on the OLine, and a defense that has been terrible for a decade. While a bowl game is possible, there is very little reason for anyone that is not a GT fan to predict it at this point.

Deleted member 2897

1 single year below 0.500 play in the ACC in the last 25 years. No other team in the conference can say that. During that time we've had 4 head coaches and numerous changes to offensive and defensive schemes and coaches.

And yet we're always picked to finish in the bottom. Last year we finished 4th in the ACC - we were picked 11th in the pre-season:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24086662/acc-preseason-power-rankings

All these *** hats should be held accountable for how awful their predictions are every year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
NOT REAL GOOD THING
We are without the offensive scheme that no teams played against.
-We have the same guys that ran the unique scheme now running the scheme the other teams have seen.
The new coaches who need to learn the players abilities.
The new coaches need to learn how to communicate w players in game situations.
The previous style of player rotation that counted extra points as playing time did not build real depth.
The ol that graduated or transfered very expierenced and talented players.
The dl is decimated by graduation and by Brandon Adam's death.

GOOD THINGS
The previous coaches and players modeled true grit.
The recent defense recruits are more athletic.
We have a large stable of qb !!
We picked up a couple of transfers.
We have high energy 24 7 coaching staff and fans should be loud.
The players appear to have bought into the visible and team based strength and conditioning program .
The team seems to like the idea of ATL and a scheme made to match that talent. No more next man up. Now if ATL u will play meaningful minutes.

Imo, the following is very big
We have our 3 easy games in the first 7.
While we will be learning , others will have no scouting report on us.

Then we have 5 games in November that start after a bye. 4 of the 5 games are home games!!

If we can get lucky early and then figure out how to play as a team late, we could have a great year and an even better recruiting class.

We should win 3 or 4 of first 7 and 2 or 3 of last 5 to win 5 or 7.

7 wins and 5 hard fought defeats would be great first year.

5 w and 7 because of lack of in game coaching will be a very bad year and result in an even worse recruiting year..

7 wins in 19.

Deleted member 2897

NOT REAL GOOD THING
We are without the offensive scheme that no teams played against.
-We have the same guys that ran the unique scheme now running the scheme the other teams have seen.
The new coaches who need to learn the players abilities.
The new coaches need to learn how to communicate w players in game situations.
The previous style of player rotation that counted extra points as playing time did not build real depth.
The ol that graduated or transfered very expierenced and talented players.
The dl is decimated by graduation and by Brandon Adam's death.

GOOD THINGS
The previous coaches and players modeled true grit.
The recent defense recruits are more athletic.
We have a large stable of qb !!
We picked up a couple of transfers.
We have high energy 24 7 coaching staff and fans should be loud.
The players appear to have bought into the visible and team based strength and conditioning program .
The team seems to like the idea of ATL and a scheme made to match that talent. No more next man up. Now if ATL u will play meaningful minutes.

Imo, the following is very big
We have our 3 easy games in the first 7.
While we will be learning , others will have no scouting report on us.

Then we have 5 games in November that start after a bye. 4 of the 5 games are home games!!

If we can get lucky early and then figure out how to play as a team late, we could have a great year and an even better recruiting class.

We should win 3 or 4 of first 7 and 2 or 3 of last 5 to win 5 or 7.

7 wins and 5 hard fought defeats would be great first year.

5 w and 7 because of lack of in game coaching will be a very bad year and result in an even worse recruiting year..

7 wins in 19.

I want us to win every game, and I'll be pulling for it. BUT, having said that, my biggest interest will be in 2021. Next year is a first year. Our 2020 schedule contains 10 teams who were ranked last year (Syracuse, Notre Dame, UCF, georgia, Clemson, etc.). 2020 to me could be absolutely brutal. 2021 will give us enough time in our new system and all the good things that come with experience, plus a more favorable schedule. I hope we win a bunch of games the next 2 years, but if we don't, it won't mean much to me for awhile.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why so many are willing to write off next season. We have good players if the coaches put them in the right spot I see no problem with having a winning season. If I was a player working my butt off I would expect to win and would think they plan on winning. All I worry about is lack of depth on the OL and DL but I'm not worried about the players we have on the OL and DL.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
2020 is the reason I bought season tickets. (Finally had the money saved and friends to buy multiple tickets with me) We will fly under the radar this year and then just line up the big fellas for upsets next year. Starting 2021 the train should be rolling.
Disclaimer:
Been a fan since birth. Think the world of CPJ as I live near Statesboro and saw his GSU teams all the time. Excited as all get out over the breath of fresh air and "party crashing" mentality coaches we have. The future is bright and will be one hell of a ride!

Animal02

Banned
Not sure why so many are willing to write off next season. We have good players if the coaches put them in the right spot I see no problem with having a winning season. If I was a player working my butt off I would expect to win and would think they plan on winning. All I worry about is lack of depth on the OL and DL but I'm not worried about the players we have on the OL and DL.
Have posted before....I expected a minimum .500 the next two seasons. If we are sub .500 the next two years....I think the staff will be on a very short leash going forward. There is absolutely no reason to throw away two or more seasons in today's football environment.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Have posted before....I expected a minimum .500 the next two seasons. If we are sub .500 the next two years....I think the staff will be on a very short leash going forward. There is absolutely no reason to throw away two or more seasons in today's football environment.
We all know your negative limits
I game below .500 is 5-7.
Of course short of wholesale injuries , 2 of those in a row would be very bad and the whole sale review and replacement of the assistants would mandatory.

What would it take for u to be all in with this staff? 7-5 then 8-4?

You are

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Who is talking about "throwing away" 2019 and 2020? Not Coach Collins or the staff, for sure.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm not surprised, but, given what Patenaude was saying in the recent article about spring practice, I'm betting that our coaches are. We do have quality football players on the team and we can have a winning season next year. Given the new systems being put into place, that'll be no easy task, but I think we can do it.

The secret here is to not be too disappointed if we don't. This is a marathon, not a sprint.