Post-game presser

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Why are you even trying to defend this guy at all right now? Sounding like a uGA mole. We want him to feel the heat for once and give an honest answer!!!! He is a bull**** artist and so was his answer here!
Certainly not defending him. Just asking what an appropriate reply is. I have fired people for performance and they never seem to own it nor have good responses. How do leap from this question to the idea that I am defending him????????????

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He doesn’t know how to fix it. He knows it and we know it but he cant allow himself to quit. His demeanor was screaming for GT to fire him. He wants that but he can‘t say it because he is in a macho profession. It’s like a boxer who needs his manager to throw the towel so he can pretend he didn’t want it thrown. No one will be happier when he is fired than him. He’s gotta be living a nightmare everyday he drives to work. Now that it’s over I do believe his intentions to get GT back are genuine. He just doesn’t know how to do it.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
He doesn’t know how to fix it. He knows it and we know it but he cant allow himself to quit. His demeanor was screaming for GT to fire him. He wants that but he can‘t say it because he is in a macho profession. It’s like a boxer who needs his manager to throw the towel so he can pretend he didn’t want it thrown. No one will be happier when he is fired than him. He’s gotta be living a nightmare everyday he drives to work. Now that it’s over I do believe his intentions to get GT back are genuine. He just doesn’t know how to do it.
You know who else doesn't know how to fix it? His boss.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
Why are you even trying to defend this guy at all right now? Sounding like a uGA mole. We want him to feel the heat for once and give an honest answer!!!! He is a bull**** artist and so was his answer here!
Yes, is is a BS artist. He’s not the guy. Unlike the 80% that called me a “boomer” I NEVER liked this hire. That said, what would you have said? Obviously he’s not an UGa “mole”. Do you think UGA thinks about us at all? Seriously, what would YOU say when someone asks if you are the right guy for the job? 2 options, meltdown price say what he said.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
I am posting this bc I am fascinated...how would YOU answer that question at your job when you have 4 years of (unsatisfactory) data. I really don't have a clue what a person could/should say in that situation. I know some of you will chime in with something unrealistic such as "I deserve to be fired" but if that is your response, I am guessing you have never truly fired someone for performance. Sometimes, in my experience, people will own it it you are firing them for cause (violation of policy,etc.). But never for performance. Have you had different experiences in your career?
He needs to be fired, BUT your statement is correct.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The thing that gets to me is he constantly talks about how he "really loves these guys". If he truly cares about the players, as he insists, then he should do right by them & move on so someone with more football knowledge can help them.

I think he at least means it what he says about the kids. But, no way in heck is any sane human being walking away from that kind of money. Give him his buyout and then I bet he does what you suggest. Not being a good HC doesn't make him an idiot, especially when he has an agent/attorney advising him on these matters who have a vested interest in the settlement as well.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I want him gone as much as the next guy, but what the hell is he supposed to say to that question? Like, come on guys. Though I find it hilarious Ken asked it and his lack of an answer was equally hilarious.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Screen grab doesn’t really tell the story. I watched it and he’s like a dazed boxer.

He knows, the press knows, we know. It will happen, the only mystery is when.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
After his pressers, I’ll bet the writers and reporters all go out to a bar and laugh until the beer runs out their noses.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Horrific. Same answers. What are we doing here???? Thank you to Ken for straight up asking him why he is fit to still be the head coach.

I only made the remark because he seems to always find ways to spin things (the famous "if you haven't seen progress you're not trying" or whatever). It just seemed like he didn't have an answer for the first time.

He just won’t answer a question. Goes off on some rant about schematics he won’t get in to or what was said in the locker room that he won’t get in to. Tries to come off like he’s the smartest guy in the room and I don’t really think that’s the case. 😐

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Don’t think he loves GT but he does probably love the kids. People either forget or don’t know but when he left in 2007 for the same position at Alabama he was blasting “Sweet Home Alabama” from his speakers in his office and kind of being a **** on his way out. Kelly even initially reported that he was a no go for the job because of how many bridges he burned on his way out. GOL lobbied hard for him which is how he got the interview and eventually the job. There was a lot of animosity between the school and him prior to him getting the job because of how big of a jerk he was perceived to be towards us.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Don’t think he loves GT but he does probably love the kids. People either forget or don’t know but when he left in 2007 for the same position at Alabama he was blasting “Sweet Home Alabama” from his speakers in his office and kind of being a **** on his way out. Kelly even initially reported that he was a no go for the job because of how many bridges he burned on his way out. GOL lobbied hard for him which is how he got the interview and eventually the job. There was a lot of animosity between the school and him prior to him getting the job because of how big of a jerk he was perceived to be towards us.

First I’m hearing of this. Would love more info. I find it hard to believe this has just now come up.