Post-Covid roster management

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
With the free year and its impact on scholarships, it seems that it's going to be tough to balance the roster in the coming years. Check out this Stat by KQ:

He also says that this is going to affect the number of scholarships available for HS recruits going forward.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Isnt everyone in a similar situation due to the free year? The next 3-4 years will have some serious transfer portal action across the country as factories start cutting players to make room for recruits. We probably will do so too

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Roster management always looked a little complicated to me but the variables and unknowns make this look like poker with an extra deck thrown in. Do I go ahead and draw an inside straight or just “settle” for a full house? Will I later regret the cards I discarded or just go with a sure thing even though the pot is smaller? This makes my head hurt. But that is one of many reasons I’m not a head coach.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Isnt everyone in a similar situation due to the free year? The next 3-4 years will have some serious transfer portal action across the country as factories start cutting players to make room for recruits. We probably will do so too
a lot of the juniors and seniors with an extra year could graduate and move on unless a very special situation, e.g. Ryan Johnson who BTW comes from a very affluent part of Nashville. Not sure he cares that much about pro ball but I sure am glad he is playing again this year.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
In a situation like this, I'm happy we have Collins as a HC. He's got the recruiting and roster management pieces down (as per that SI article about college GMs) and I feel that'll give us a competitive advantage

ironmanfootball

Georgia Tech Fan
In a situation like this, I'm happy we have Collins as a HC. He's got the recruiting and roster management pieces down (as per that SI article about college GMs) and I feel that'll give us a competitive advantage
He also doesn't seem afraid of the 'hard talk' re guys who need to move on. That hard talk could lead to more open slots