Post all your videos & photos from Athens!

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
I've seen some great pics floating around. I figure we should put them all in one place. I'll (pooch) kick it off.

Video of the team celebrating after the final. Notice how quick they turn the scoreboard off:

That place cleared out quick. I've never seen 90,000 people move so quickly :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417374402.351913.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417374428.247748.jpg

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is my personal photo and actual angle of "the kick". Hard to see but if you look close you'll see the back judges holding up their hands.

upload_2014-12-1_21-33-19.png

Two things for context:
  • With 18 seconds left I was fearful of getting caught in foot traffic and missing the postgame presser. I ran down to the field prior to the kickoff and stood on the last step. As I ran down the stairs I heard Dwag fans drooling and legitimately heard one or two say "just kick it deep". Then I watched the pooch, scramble, and kick and immediately ran back up to the press box and got back on chat.
  • As I mentioned in another thread, next to me at the bottom of the steps was a female security guard. After telling people to clear the aisle and just prior to Butker's attempt, I turned and saw the same security guard waving a red pom pom and yelling "BLOCK THAT KICK, BLOCK THAT KICK".
I really missed some opportunities for more epic videos/photos but I was determined to not let it get in the way of enjoying the game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Last one - Captured while waiting for the press conference to start. Didn't realize what the team was saying at the time nor that the Governor's Cup was just presented until later. The security guard that opened the door also came out at one point with a wry smile to let the media know "there's a little bit of party going on right now".