Portal Watch 2022-23

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
If his leg is healthy, he may just need a change of scenery.
King was in the same class as Sims, and had a higher composite rating. He was the main qb signee of A&M’s class that was rated #6 overall.

Similar to Sims, he missed time due to injuries.

I think he would be a good pickup for GT, and be a good challenger for the other qbs. A rising tide lifts all boats!

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
So maybe a good weekend for us....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218-125110_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218-125110_Chrome.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 319

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm wondering if we may use King differently than A&M wants to use their QBs, more like we will use Pyron. Seems like I remember in Pyron's HS videos he threw the ball effectively on the run some, not saying we do that, but both can run, not a great long suit of Pyron, but he can be effective with his running, just needs to get down sometimes, the kid ain't scared of "nuttin", maybe too much so.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm wondering if we may use King differently than A&M wants to use their QBs, more like we will use Pyron. Seems like I remember in Pyron's HS videos he threw the ball effectively on the run some, not saying we do that, but both can run, not a great long suit of Pyron, but he can be effective with his running, just needs to get down sometimes, the kid ain't scared of "nuttin", maybe too much so.
Hopefully we come up with a plan that keeps a QB healthy the whole season.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Good pickup if we get him. After sims, as much as we may like Pyron’s potential, you need competition.
King won the starting job, lost it to Max Johnson, who the lost it to Wegman, a freshman QB.

Started the disaster against App St, was benched. Played in 3 games in October then against UF because half the team had the flu. Only played in 5 games total, but besides the frosh lighting it up against Ole Miss, it didn’t matter who was back there at QB.

Lots of potential there. His hs scouting pointed to Ryan Tannehill. I would liken him to an Alex smith type guy. Is a QB, but definitely has wheels too. Would upgrade the QB room talent/experience wise for sure

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I was looking around in the portal today and Texas A&M has 25 players leaving in the portal. That is crazy. Comparatively, we are losing 8 players so far.

If we can pick up King and White jr. That would be great pickups.