Portal Watch 2022-23

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think "clown" is regarded as over the line, and I understand that I shouldn't type it on this board even if I think it. But I don't get the contrived consternation over "TFG". I've never even meant it in a derogatory way. It's just "the former guy", the guy who used to be head coach. It's like some kind of hypersensitivity run completely off the rails.

We are allowing TFG as long as it has the one F. (y)

GT121314

Georgia Tech Fan
Just to add to the stirred pot, noticed TFG is now retweeting players' announcements to enter the portal
Screenshot_2022-12-10-12-14-02-86_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'm good with "Clown". Any time it's used in conversation regarding GT football, participants will know exactly who you are talking about and all the associated baggage with it. Simple....elegant.
Did you ever watch Modern Family? We could start calling him Fizbo.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey Mods, just curious...is there a point where a player's or coach's behavior is so anti-Tech that we can be honest about them here?
Not an "official reply" but I don't think honesty is ever been pushed back on by the staff. Lets test the waters here.

In my opinion, Geoff Collins was the most ineffective head football coach I have ever witnessed with my own two eyes based on the sloppiness of play, general disorganization during game times, and failure to correct repetitive issues (amongst other things.)

I am pretty sure that this post will not be removed. Nor will I get a warning. It's not bc I am a member of an exclusive fraternity here. Not bc I have greased a few palms here and there. It's bc the above stays (I think) within the estabilished parameters for what is/is not allowed here.

If I am wrong and this post is removed and I am banned, that will be okay too. I just don't see how I can swing that 2 month, 2 dollar backpayment on my membership here this close to the holidays. @Augusta_Jacket (aka Ebeneezer Scrooge) has been breathing down my neck about this for a few weeks. Even though the baby needs new shoes and the oldest wants a new doll for Christmas. And the missus wanted to serve a real ham or other real meat this year instead of the fried spam casserole again.

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
I think "clown" is regarded as over the line, and I understand that I shouldn't type it on this board even if I think it. But I don't get the contrived consternation over "TFG". I've never even meant it in a derogatory way. It's just "the former guy", the guy who used to be head coach. It's like some kind of hypersensitivity run completely off the rails.
Above the line*

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately with all of the discussed transfers, our talent level could go down substantially. At the very least experience. We obviously can get transfers in and signing day is close. But it is very concerning that we have so many of our talented players leaving.