• WR ability to make clutch receptions like Smelter

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • SDE ability

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bend but don't break being replaced by fast and aggressive

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • BBs and ABs knowing where to go

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • "the ball bouncing the right way" (luck)

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Finding a replacement for Shaq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AB Blocking

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Jdh must start fast to allow agressiVe defense to win first half ofseason. By then the offense will be rolling - all the way till v end of 16!
last year jet saved us till we got rolli n g

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Couldn't agree more with this. I believe the perimeter blocking will decide a lot this year. I have faith in the defense getting better and I trust the line and JT to do what they are supposed to do. It'll be a long season though if we cant get outside due to poor perimeter blocking.

In the Spring Game our starting ABs (and WRs blocking) got outside against the 1s defense (Andrews, Willis, Lynch, Summers, Jeune, Messick) but our backups could not get outside against the 2s defense. Weak backup blocking or strong 2s defense? Probably both but IMO the 2s secondary is way ahead of the 2s perimeter offense, but those 2s perimeter O players may see limited playing time except Searcy, while the 2s DBs and LBs may be often in the playing mix.

However a good blocking AB freshman or two will need to step up, especially since we lost Andrews.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I would put team confidence and unity up there as an important component of a successful season.
I would agree with those who think this is the single most important quality. I wrote an item in FTRS last year after the Southern and Tulane games in which I said this team had gumption. Whereas others were bemoaning Tech's inability to blow out weak opponents and saw this as a harbinger of a bad season, I was actually kind of ecstatic because I saw something that I rarely see in college teams any more -a fighting spirit that keeps working toward the goal of winning regardless of the score and the amount of time on the clock. The team last year just would not quit.

If we have that same spirit again this year we will win 10 or 11 games. Count on it.