Points this year...

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand that CPast prefers up tempo. You projected us as being a top 25 off in ppg when we play a season vs ACC Ds. CPast didn't average 80ppg with higher rated players vs lesser competition last year.

I get optimism, but that projection suggests to me an understanding of ncaa basketball comparable to the use of your and there homonyms in your posts. Jmo
Some pretty bad teams scored some points last year...the Citadel at 86 a clip,Detriot 83.7,N Florida 84.3...

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I see what you call over dribbling...not giving up his dribble which I deem a strength.We could go back and forth about what he's done,what he's capable of or what he'll do next year.Fact...he's practicing with the team not full speed..."getting back to running as fast as I can"...ahead of course in regards to being ready for fall practice..."the pain in my hip is gone,now I just have to strengthen my leg again"...stationary 4 weeks...he looks more muscular through the shoulders and chest and sounds like a "senior".He says he's had hip problems since high school...I believe the hip brought on a hernia at one point...Ill digress...needless to say I'm excited about seeing him healthy.

Well, I certainly hope, as a senior leader, he takes more of those midrange jumpers, because we'll need them.

Not giving up his dribble is fine if it leads to actual plays getting set up. Too often, it just left us in the lurch at the end of the shot clock, leaving a rushed, potentially poor shot.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/080916aaa.html "I want to play fast,with great speed,..." "short quick,intense bursts,too the point.In order to do that were going to have to be in great shape." - Pastner...interesting on Heath having injury since high school.A return injury free will be good for us ;)

Go back and watch the Facebook live stream! Yes, he does want to play fast-paced, but he clearly stated there that we likely wouldn't be able to do so very much this year because we don't have the personnel. Reaching brah..

Last edited:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Probably less hard than it is for some to understand that the oral nature of chat forums leads to more homonym errors.
You're vs. your is not an acceptable homonym error. Neither is there vs their. Or accept vs. except. It's careless writing. We tolerate far too many grammatical shortcomings on this board.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Probably less hard than it is for some to understand that the oral nature of chat forums leads to more homonym errors.
I know that a lot of guys on this board are extremely intelligent, probably a lot more intelligent than me, especially when it comes to technical things, but I don't understand why it is so difficult for some to use semi-correct grammar. I understand slip ups, I have plenty of them because I'm always on the board via Tapatalk on my phone, but the your-you're and the there-their mix ups drive me insane. It's a very elementary concept of our language. Since we are all on this board writing messages back and forth, it would be nice to see a little effort in the writing department.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I know that a lot of guys on this board are extremely intelligent, probably a lot more intelligent than me, especially when it comes to technical things, but I don't understand why it is so difficult for some to use semi-correct grammar. I understand slip ups, I have plenty of them because I'm always on the board via Tapatalk on my phone, but the your-you're and the there-their mix ups drive me insane. It's a very elementary concept of our language. Since we are all on this board writing messages back and forth, it would be nice to see a little effort in the writing department.
*more intelligent than I

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
*more intelligent than I
This is actually highly debated, and becomes a fairly in depth debate involving subordinating conjunctions and prepositions, but both are usually accepted. "Than me" sounds better to my ears, but please continue with your pretentiousness.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This is actually highly debated, and becomes a fairly in depth debate involving subordinating conjunctions and prepositions, but both are usually accepted. "Than me" sounds better to my ears, but please continue with your pretentiousness.

LOL. Sorry that I didn't use an emoji. It was intended to be funny. If you can't see the humor in correcting a grammar mistake in a post complaining about people making grammar mistakes, I can't help you.

However, I encourage you to use the "sounds to your ear" test in reading forum posts. You'll find homonym errors won't bother you as much.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Sorry that I didn't use an emoji. It was intended to be funny. If you can't see the humor in correcting a grammar mistake in a post complaining about people making grammar mistakes, I can't help you.

However, I encourage you to use the "sounds to your ear" test in reading forum posts. You'll find homonym errors won't bother you as much.

You're right. I should've seen the humor in it, but let my grammar OCD get the best of me ha. I'll try to lighten up.