Point spread vs georgia

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am convinced that we can get a few stops on defense based on what I saw from our defensive front at Clemson. Play loose on the back end similar to the way we defended them last year. In other words, take away Brock Bowers and their pass offense. Make them run it. Get them in second and seven. We have to get ahead. Despite them playing well the last several games, the Dawgs are not the same team they have been the last two years. They will be looking ahead to Alabama. There is a recipe for an upset. This is the closest we have been to them since 2016.
In my dreams I can imagine several ways we might win. Last year we had them off balance early, had a lead, and then one of our tight ends dropped a 3rd down pass that would have given us a first and ten in Georgia territory. Georgia regained momentum after that and ground us down.

But, realistically, the talent differential is a wide chasm so Georgia can play their C game and still win by 10. But, more ominously, Georgia has gotten more and more focused as a team late in the schedule. Ever since they beat an inspired Missouri team while playing at home they have become much more business like.

Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade but this is the epitome of David and Goliath.

SilverFox81

Georgia Tech Fan
For Tech to even be in this game, they must have an effective rush attack. You do that and you keep the mutt's offense on the sideline. Let Haynes and Jamal run the ball! Then later find some guys open on the post. Defense, play like you did against Cuse. That's the recipe for the upset, otherwise, we're in for a long day.

Regardless, it's been a successful season and I'm very proud of our boys and coach Key and his staff. We're on our way upward!

Go Jackets and THWG!

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
That seems low but I'll take it. The Mutts have so many weapons it's hard for even good defenses to cover everything every play. They score fast and often. It would be great if our offense can keep up but other than Auburn and Mizzu, nobody else has been able to do that this year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Its a tricky point spread. If they jump out to a big lead early then they will probably start sitting guys to rest up for next week. I doubt they will use Bowers all that much as well after he came off the field last week limping.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Its a tricky point spread. If they jump out to a big lead early then they will probably start sitting guys to rest up for next week. I doubt they will use Bowers all that much as well after he came off the field last week limping.
They could pretty much just hand off to their RBs every play and score TDs on nearly every drive.

For us to even compete we need Georgia to make lost of mistakes, which they seldom do.

They are a very talented and well coached team. They have won 28 straight games for a reason.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They could pretty much just hand off to their RBs every play and score TDs on nearly every drive.

For us to even compete we need Georgia to make lost of mistakes, which they seldom do.

They are a very talented and well coached team. They have won 28 straight games for a reason.
Yeah. I agree. They (UGA) will need to make a lot of mistakes to keep it close.

ugacdawg

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm actually excited to play Tech again! The Jackets have been playing some Jekyll and Hyde ball this year but the good stuff has been really good! I even told the wife we were not going to skip the game this year. It's also at night!

As for the game itself, I do think it's possible that UGA is overlooking the Jackets. It's something Kirby tries to avoid but with Bama on the horizon it would be understandable if they weren't playing their 'A' game. That being said, this team, especially on offense, is a machine. They lead the nation in 3rd down conversion rate and are in the top 5 of most efficient offenses in the country. Defensively they've fallen off but are still top 20 in efficiency and top 10 in 3rd down conversion rate. They have been MUCH more susceptible to the run than in the past, especially on the edges. The zone reach plays have been tough for this team to defend, especially now that a true freshman is starting at MLB due to injuries. The pass rush on the defense has also been way down from the past. The Dawgs don't have that killer edge presence with the starters, and the guys who are showing promise are also freshmen. But, the secondary is pretty great.

Overall, if Tech plays clean, I think they might even score first (seems like UGA let's everyone do that) and keep it a two-ish score game in the first half. But the second half is where Kirby works his magic. Once teams are off script, it seems that UGA just adjusts better than most other teams.

I'd predict 42-14 in the end, but I think Tech puts up a fight, and who knows... South Carolina beat UGA at home in 2019 in double overtime after Jake Fromm threw 3 picks and fumbled and Hot Rod missed 2 field goals... stuff happens...

Looking forward to a game again!