Point spread vs georgia

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks about right to me. That was the margin of victory last year in the cesspool when we covered +35.5 with ease.

Plus with a gimpy Bowers, all the 3-peat talk, Bama playing well, etc. there’s a good chance we could backdoor it if starters are pulled with a big lead.

But it won’t come to that and we win outright! Take the money line.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I watched a little of their game Saturday. Their S&C is really working. Some of the biggest, fastest players I’ve ever watched. They are a load and Kirby has his system set. They will be beast for a while. My prediction: UGA 35, Tech 38.
As long as whatever you're having is not overly addictive except for being optimistic for GT games, I'll take some of that 🙂.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems right to me; about like the Clemson game. They’ll control it but we’ll probably throw 1-2 in late to bring the final score into the 20s

Georgia is 5-6 ATS this year; we are 6-5

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I think we can maybe play with them for a half if our A game shows up. Then if we are ahead at half time, I will be praying for a lightning storm to come and they have to cancel the 2nd half and declare us the winner. That is the only way I see us winning. :)
Their depth will wear us out in the 2nd half.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
" Georgia is the easiest coaching job in America." - Paul Johnson.
I agree with Paul. I firmly believe that even Geoff Collins could win 7-8 games a year there. Seriously. WTBS, Smart (to his credit) is the first guy they have ever had that has fully leveraged all their enormous potential. They have always been a sleeping giant and I think all of us who had roots in the state knew it along time ago. He has done for that program what Spurrier did to another underachieving program down in Gainesville,FL.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Paul. I firmly believe that even Geoff Collins could win 7-8 games a year there. Seriously. WTBS, Smart (to his credit) is the first guy they have ever had that has fully leveraged all their enormous potential. They have always been a sleeping giant and I think all of us who had roots in the state knew it along time ago. He has done for that program what Spurrier did to another underachieving program down in Gainesville,FL.
Exactly this. Georgia has always been a recruiting hotbed, barely behind Florida, Texas, and California. All Georgia had to do was win consistently and they not only get their pick of in state recruits but also can cherry pick nationally. This is what we all feared.

Now they have a coach with a strategic plan who also doesn’t sweat the ethical grey areas with players.

Georgia can pretty much name their score against most teams in the country this year and there are probably only about 3 teams in the country that could beat them on a good day. Smart has his system working to perfection. What a nightmare for college football !

Hope Tech makes the history books Saturday but I have zero expectations for that.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I am convinced that we can get a few stops on defense based on what I saw from our defensive front at Clemson. Play loose on the back end similar to the way we defended them last year. In other words, take away Brock Bowers and their pass offense. Make them run it. Get them in second and seven. We have to get ahead. Despite them playing well the last several games, the Dawgs are not the same team they have been the last two years. They will be looking ahead to Alabama. There is a recipe for an upset. This is the closest we have been to them since 2016.