Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baylor

• Other

• Total voters

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
So lets discuss the College Football Playoff Committee Rankings.

I am sure there are many people smarter than me here but I think the top 10 was a joke.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
How do you guys rank Clemson as #1. They have only beat one team (the fighting irish) who has yet to prove anything. Maybe I am blind to something but I in no way see them ahead of LSU.

My First Order before rankings came out were
1. LSU
2. Michigan State
3. Clemson
4. Baylor

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
How do you guys rank Clemson as #1. They have only beat one team (the fighting irish) who has yet to prove anything. Maybe I am blind to something but I in no way see them ahead of LSU.

My First Order before rankings came out were
1. LSU
2. Michigan State
3. Clemson
4. Baylor

Well I could say the same about LSU and them beating Florida. And LSU's success is really built around Fournette IMO. Clemson is just more solid all around to me, especially with Watson at QB. Not by much though.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Well I could say the same about LSU and them beating Florida. And LSU's success is really built around Fournette IMO. Clemson is just more solid all around to me, especially with Watson at QB. Not by much though.

Florida is way better of a team then ND. And they have not had to try to do anything besides run yet. I do think we see what they have to offer this weekend against Alabama. But they have played a much tougher schedule than Clemson. And they are on the road for all their tough games. Clemson only win came on a Thursday night home game. They lose that game on a Saturday.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think going to the playoff round this year will simply be an invitation to be stomped on by Leonard Fournette. LSU is way the best team among the six above, imho. I can hear them now, "Balance? Hey, man, we don't need no stinkin' balance! We got Leonard!" I think they're probably right.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
This week's CFP ratings mean nothing whatsoever. It just gives us a glimpse into what the committee is thinking right now. There is too much football yet to be played in November to see who the real top four (which should be eight) teams in the country are.

The biggest problem for me is after this first week we really have no clue what the standard is to make it to the final 4. It seems the only thing consistent is they love some teams. They said that previous years don't matter and only what you have done so far and your strength of schedule matters but that does not appear to be the case either.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure what Baylor has done to warrant such a lofty ranking. I find the contempt with which they view the nonconference schedule to be extremely unattractive. If you don't want to play big nonconference games in September, you shouldn't be allowed to play them in January.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I would rather that we go back to the pre-BCS era and just use the AP poll. At least with that the final pairing would be an admitted product of the selectors' collective bias. What we have been told by the SEleCtion Committee is Orwellian in its doublethink newspeak bull$#!^.

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.

This SEleCtion Committee pisses in our ear and tells us it's raining. Nothing they do adds value to the enjoyment of CFB by fans, they simply add additional controversy. They do what is best for eSECpn. The end.