Playoff Rankings!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The Duke loss continues to irk me. Usually, it fades after a while but for some reason, its getting worse.
That was the VT loss for me last year. I almost didn't "feel" any of the other losses last year and honestly they all "made sense" to me anyway. But that VT one still ticks me off to think about. The year before that it was the Miami loss.

I haven't had this annual experience of a Tech fan this year because I was out of town and couldn't even follow the Duke game. It also happened to coincide with so many important and positive things in my personal & professional life that this season really has been a pleasure.

Animal02

Banned
The Duke loss continues to irk me. Usually, it fades after a while but for some reason, its getting worse.
It grinds at me because of the 3rd down stop the D made early in the 4th, and the refs gave duke another 3 yards. The ACC should have at least done something to the refs and replay reviewer for that obvious blown call. That could have been a turning point in the game. (not that it should have been that close anyway)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The losses where we just continually shoot ourselves in the foot are always the worst ones because you know you’re the better team and the other team didn’t even play well enough to win. That’s why the UNC loss didn’t bother me as much. We may have played somewhat bad especially on defense but at least UNC played a good ball game themselves. It took like 10 tries for us to even GIVE Duke the game. Same thing with VT last year.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
if we want to progress as a program

we need to learn to play ranked
as a targeted team

otherwise we are in the same death spiral

Its good for this team to learn this NOW, with a Soph QB.

GT Death Spiral:

GT not getting attention ==> GT plays with chip on shoulder ==> GT wins more games ==> GT gets more Attention ==> GT drops chip and basks in attention ==> GT loses more games ==> GT not getting attention ==> Loop without End.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
GT Death Spiral:

GT not getting attention ==> GT plays with chip on shoulder ==> GT wins more games ==> GT gets more Attention ==> GT drops chip and basks in attention ==> GT loses more games ==> GT not getting attention ==> Loop without End.
Lol. That describes GT athletics perfectly...

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
We were fortunate to beat Miami, VT and GSU and unfortunate to lose to Duke. As I said before, two more great plays and we are undefeated and two more awful plays and we are 5-4.

I do know that I'm enjoying this season the most since 2009.

crazy how that works, isnt it? there was a similar thread a couple years ago about expectations and if you look at '09, it was the same way...we were a couples plays away in a few games to lose quite a few more than we did. naturally some luck has to do with it, but it just seems different this year. the will to win seems more prevalent and they're making their own luck...agreed on the most fun since 09.