Players losing trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
BJ Bostic just took a shot at the coaching staff saying,"I see these schools know how to use they talent #LSU."

The other night Jon Dwyer posted on Facebook that change needs to be made at GT. DE Anthony Williams replied with,"Amen."

I know these are two guys who haven't seen a lot of PT or gotten a lot of touches in Bostic's case so one could chalk it up to sour grapes. But is this a big issue going forward?

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, it is normally a huge issue with players who practice every day and there is no playing time in the games. This is especially true when the players see that there are not enough substitutions even when players are worn out from being on the field too long. If a team is winning, these issues do not appear nearly as much as when a team is losing. Winning hiders a lot of unrest, but losing brings out all of the complaints. However, this is not bad, it is good to know what is wrong so it can be fixed. If no one ever complained, nothing would ever get better or get fixed.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am old, or just a hard ***, but I wish people would just say what the hell they mean. I hate cryptic messages that requires hours of interpretation, and as much thought as an expressionist's painting to figure out. If you are JD and you are going to post stuff like that, be man enough to say what you really mean, or just don't post at all. I think it is just trivial fodder from someone who wants GT to win, but does not know what to do to make it happen. I do not think it is an impending dig at CPJ.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I am friends with Anthony Williams and have been for awhile...he has not been a fan of CPJ for a couple of years. He also did not like Coach Groh at all...but he loves Coach Roof.

gtdrew

Banned
Anthony Williams & bj Bostic would hold a lot more water w me if they were guys who played more. It comes off as sour grapes to me...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Guys...when you're dealing with 85+ guys, all of whom are still maturing, not everyone is going like the head coach or position coaches. It's not just CPJ, it's any coach. When you're not winning as many games as the fans/players expect, some kids become more vocal because not winning enough makes it justifiable. I'm not defending CPJ, you look at any program and you'll see kids say the same things some of our guys are saying. It's just magnified more these days because of social media.

People need to look at the games. Are kids still playing hard? Are kids responding to coaching? Is there an inordinate amount of kids leaving the program? Those things will tell you more about how the players feel about the program than a few players who have small roles on the team.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
JD is just saying what many other GT fans are saying. It is time for CPJ to take some bold steps to salvage his legacy as a coach. And I am not talking about hiring a new line coach or throwing in diamond or pistol formations about five times a game. I mean evaluate every facet of this program and scrap the things that don't work.

I am sure his isn't concerned about his job, or his financial situation as he is probably set for life. But, like all people in high-powered, high profile positions like his, he IS concerned with how he will be remembered as a coach (IMHO). If we keep doing the same things we've done for the past four years (recruiting, play-calling, etc.) we are going to continue to be 7-6. And Johnson will be disgraced by being fired.

Just to be clear - I don't like Paul Johnson. I don't like his arrogant demeanor, his coaching style, his stubbornness, or his offense. But believe it or not, I am rooting for the guy. Even though I want him to be fired, I know it will not happen this year. If he is going to be here another season, he might as well win, and win big! Let 2014 be the year we get revenge on VT, Miami, and the mutts. If he does that, he will be signed to a long term contract and very few on this board will complain - even the CPJ haters like me!

We will never compete with a team like the 2013 version of FSU, but there is not a single other team in the ACC that I am scared of - and that includes Klimpson. The ACC is a weak conference that is easy pickins' for 8 or 9 win seasons every year. And Ibelieve CPJ CAN guide GT to those type of seasons. I just not sure he will make the necessary changes to be that kind of coach.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm a CPJ fan and have been for some time. That said, it will be hard for me to argue more patience if record does not improve next year. I'd say we could probably be a 7-10 win season depending on injuries and some breaks. For CPJs sake I hope we get those breaks and push closer to the 10.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Bostic obviously thinks he deserves more pt....I don't honestly agree. Not hating in the kid...I like his play and depth he gives us, but don't believe he has earned a starting spot or deserves more pt than his team mates have earned.

I love JD and loved him at Tech. I'm pulling hard for him in the NFL. He wasn't a CPJ recruit so id don't expect him to love the man...JD sure did get some great exposure in his system tho.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Both of these guys were 4 star guys coming out of high school who haven't shown that on the field consistently. BJ was very good as a fr but this year ran into tacklers like skiers who can't steer around a tree.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Reply To gt936g: There are only two posts above your's and I understood the first one and of course, I was quite plain on my post. Would you tell us what you do not understand and maybe we could say it another way. I am confused with your reply.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Both of these guys were 4 star guys coming out of high school who haven't shown that on the field consistently. BJ was very good as a fr but this year ran into tacklers like skiers who can't steer around a tree.
Well I know the lad and from the coaches who coached him this is not the Bostic we knew at Jefferson County.Yeah been noticing his time has decreased in teh past few games but hey...........Mr Godhigh has put many on the bench.I had hopes for Bostic being a receiver but looks like things are going down hill now and that is bad for him and his family.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't Bostic hurt for a while? If he was at another school, he might have lost his scholarship.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm sure BJ would disagree, but obviously the coaching staff thought they had the best players in to give us the best chance to win. If you don't earn your starting position during practice then they shouldn't whine about it.
Hope next year he (they) can take it to the next level and play productively.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Both players were thought of highly but just haven't worked out. No need to go public with your displeasure of the Coach. Both can still get a degree that nobody can take away from them. Dwyer has stated his displeasure with the program before. Georgia Tech had nothing to do with him eating his way out of top round pick or coming into training camp out of shape. I hope someone will give the guy another shot because its not going to be the steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.