Player Praise Thread

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No one. 3-9 team deserves no praise. Is this like a participation trophy?
I have never believed in the idea of participation trophies but I have always been a believer in recognizing/thanking someone for extra effort. There are a few posters who seem to think that "effort" is a bad word. Effort...noun 1) exertion of physical or mental power; 2) an earnest or strenuous attempt. Based on either of these 2 definitions then I say that there are plenty of student/athletes that play on The Flats that deserve recognition by Georgia Tech fans.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There are a few posters who seem to think that "effort" is a bad word. Effort...noun 1) exertion of physical or mental power; 2) an earnest or strenuous attempt. Based on either of these 2 definitions then I say that there are plenty of student/athletes that play on The Flats that deserve recognition by Georgia Tech fans.

In case my earlier post is misconstrued, let me clarify....I don't think effort is a "bad word". It's like brushing your teeth or bathing or breathing or going to work. It's simply what one does, especially when voluntarily engaging in a competitive situation. It's presence is not exceptionally noteworthy...however the absence is noticeable. and disgusting. And yes, sometimes people or teams do.that's extremely sad. But I tend to think anyone who has the requirements to attend and get out of Tech, whether they play sports or not, would not fall into the realm of "quitting".

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I was impressed by the resiliency of this team all season long. We took hit after hit, and roster depletion the likes of which I have never before seen, but by all accounts the locker room stayed positives and young guys played hard. I look for some healing and growing this offseason, and in an entirely too early prediction am calling a 10+ win season next year.

Sig it.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Here is a shout out to the guys who played up to the best of their ability to me.
Offense-- Lynch-- I never would have thought he would be so productive
Defense--Gotsis,and its not even close
STs--Butker--maybe the tops on the team for excellence (for sure if he had hit that FG in ND game)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Brant Mitchell could be the next great Tech LB.

AJ Gray is a playa. Should have been a 4 star recruit, but that's just the recruiting service man keeping Tech down.

Liked a lot of what Clinton Lynch did, especially in the second half of the year. Lands-Davis had his moments, made a couple of really good catches. Searcy has the potential to be a big time gamebreaker once he gets healthy. There's a lot to like about Marcus Marshall; there's also a lot about which to shake your head.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I was impressed by the resiliency of this team all season long. We took hit after hit, and roster depletion the likes of which I have never before seen, but by all accounts the locker room stayed positives and young guys played hard. I look for some healing and growing this offseason, and in an entirely too early prediction am calling a 10+ win season next year.

Sig it.

This team did keep fighting. Even after the bowl game streak was done, they continued to play their tails off. They didn't always play smart but they played hard.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Agree with all! Will add Vic Alexander! Marshall, Marshall, Klock, 2 Austins, henderson, Searcy, Marshall(another one), Divine, and this will just keep me going!

I want to see more of Vic Alexander on the field, even if it comes at the expense of PJ Davis.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
D.J. and KeShun not only for their play but for their lives
Nate C. and Quaide for their attitude, effort and promise
A.J., Brant, Brad S., Will B. and Marcus M. because they are our future
Keshun had his best game on Saturday...really stepped up when needed most...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Adam Gotsis will be missed. He was a beast. He always had a smile on his face. I hope for quick healing for him and look forward to watching him play on Sunday's.
+1

Meet his sisters when the came up to the upper North to get a picture of the field during half time on Saturday.
They said that Adam was doing well and hopes to at least do some working out for the NFL.
They love being here. One said she plans on staying in U.S., especially if he gets drafted or makes a team. They were very nice and a pleasure to talk with.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I have never believed in the idea of participation trophies but I have always been a believer in recognizing/thanking someone for extra effort. There are a few posters who seem to think that "effort" is a bad word. Effort...noun 1) exertion of physical or mental power; 2) an earnest or strenuous attempt. Based on either of these 2 definitions then I say that there are plenty of student/athletes that play on The Flats that deserve recognition by Georgia Tech fans.
I am as disappointed as anyone but it cannot be said that this team quit on their coaches, teammates or their school. For that reason alone, they are praiseworthy. I know I harp on this subject all the time but our problems ultimately are not necessarily the fault of the coaches or the effort but recruiting. It is entirely possible that we are facing a ceiling of some sort with some of these guys. Recruiting must improve or we will face more of the same. It is just that simple. Especially true on defense.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Ricky Juene, our biggest threat on offense all year, if we had a good pass blocking line his year would've only been better really looking forward to seeing him and Stewart back next year and maybe Messick can get some PT.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Ricky Juene, Clinton Lynch, Will Bryan, Marcus Marshall on Offense....
Pat Gamble, Brant Mitchell, PJ Davis, AJ Gray, Step Durham, Austin Twins on Defense...