Play of the Year

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I have to say the fumble recovery against GSU to set up the winning score. Without that play I think we lose to VT and Miami and the season crumbles. The DJ White run down against Pitt was huge as well. So so many big plays but I still have to think the one against GSU is the biggest. That would have been a tough loss after leading by 25 at the half.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotta be The Kick IMO. Harrison finally showing what he's capable of after a rough season was may more unexpected to me than DJ making another clutch play for us. I don't think there will ever be another play that replicates the feeling that The Kick gave me. I went from rock bottom after uGA's score to the most insane level of euphoria I think I've ever had. That kind of emotional swing can't be healthy, but dang did it feel good.

Runner ups for me would be the 4th and 15 and DJ's forced fumble. The 4th and 15 play set the tone for the offense, and DJ's play set the tone for the defense. Both were turning points that helped the team start playing at a much higher level.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
For me, this question is very difficult to answer. There were so many big season changing plays that happened this year. Most have been listed on here. You take any one of those plays away and our record could look a lot different. Add one in Charlotte and our season could have been very different as well.

In 10 years we will still be talking about "Tha kick and the pick." No one will be talking about a play to beat GA Southern or VT. They were important for the season but those other plays beat UGA.
Totally agree. "Tha kick and the pick" will become legendary, sorta like Gary Lee's run out of the fog for a 95 yard KO return for a TD to beat the mutts in 1985. Some plays you just never forget.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree. "Tha kick and the pick" will become legendary, sorta like Gary Lee's run out of the fog for a 95 yard KO return for a TD to beat the mutts in 1985. Some plays you just never forget.
Totally agree that it is legendary.
Of the general nature of plays that made the season ( rocket toss, bb dive, back shoulder to WR, etc ) I go with the - QB draw - last drive at TV and draw gaining 20 yds going out of bounds that set up the legend.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer

Just watched that for the first time:

For my generation of games, I will always remember three in a row, the Goose is loose, Dwyer's ankle breaking run(Where's the sting?), Roddy tip toeing the sideline, and the kick and the pick. As far as it goes with georgia. There are a whole host of non-uga plays that are fresh in my mind from the last 6 years.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

Untouched into the endzone.

My-oh-my that was a sweet game.

I just wish my group had paced ourselves better so we had something to drink at the game. I had such a headache at the end of that game. Definitely learned a lesson about night games that day. :D