Pittsburgh (-8) vs. Georgia Tech

Deleted member 2897

Pitt is like Florida State, Louisville, Syracuse, and Boston College. If we play well and don’t have more than say 1 turnover, we can win. If we have turnovers, a bunch of penalties, and kicking problems, Pitt can win by 20. IIWII2020.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I'm thinking/hoping that we pull a mild upset. The only games we have won this year are one's we had more time to prepare, although they
were arguably over teams as bad as we are. Realistically, if we beat the spread and play a "clean" game, I will be happy.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is like Florida State, Louisville, Syracuse, and Boston College. If we play well and don’t have more than say 1 turnover, we can win. If we have turnovers, a bunch of penalties, and kicking problems, Pitt can win by 20. IIWII2020.
I agree with this. I was watching the Louisville game again for the third time and it dawned on me that it seemed very different than the other games and it was because the other team was committing the turnovers instead of us. Seems like a simple thing but turnovers are critical these days because most of the time it results in a score going the other way. Pitt has a better defense than any of those teams mentioned. How Kenny Pickett goes largely determines how that team will play. He is the straw that stirs the drink for sure.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We cant score more than twenty-eight per game. No defense can overcome such poor offense production.
We will see something similar to the Cuse or BC game.
Sure we can...just not lately, well, they did score more than 28 once this season. I just don't see how this team could beat Louisville and lose to Syracuse. Crazy. But then the Cardinals have the same awful record we do 2-5 with one win against Western Kentucky and the other against FSU.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

I agree with this. I was watching the Louisville game again for the third time and it dawned on me that it seemed very different than the other games and it was because the other team was committing the turnovers instead of us. Seems like a simple thing but turnovers are critical these days because most of the time it results in a score going the other way. Pitt has a better defense than any of those teams mentioned. How Kenny Pickett goes largely determines how that team will play. He is the straw that stirs the drink for sure.

Yep. If we average something like 2.5 points per drive and turn the ball over on say our own 30. Not only is the other team likely to score, but we lose 2.5 points on that drive...so that turnover costs us something like 9-10 points. Turnovers are terrible, and especially devastating if they happen on our side of the field.