Pitt game 7pm ESPNU

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad to hear this is a 7 pm kickoff since Tre' wants to come back up to Atlanta for another unofficial visit...and he plays at Camden County the Friday night before. At least we can get home and have a little sleep before hitting the road again.

ToddM

Can someone explain the difference in the " official " visit and an " unofficial " please ?

I am guessing it has something to do with NCAA rules on the players contact with school officials but if that's true does that mean the recruit just comes in like joe blow off the street ? How does this work ?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Can someone explain the difference in the " official " visit and an " unofficial " please ?

I am guessing it has something to do with NCAA rules on the players contact with school officials but if that's true does that mean the recruit just comes in like joe blow off the street ? How does this work ?

Official visits are paid for by the university. This includes transportation, room, meals, and entertainment (kind of ambiguous there but being in Atlanta helps us here) for you and your family (up to 3 people total.) I believe only seniors can take official visits and they are only allowed 5 total visits. To be eligible you must first send the college your transcripts and SAT/ACT test scores

Unofficial Visits can be taken at any time at the expense of the player. If it is during a dead period the player cannot talk to any coaches. They are allowed up to 3 free passes to a home game during their visit and number of visits isn't regulated. This is how we get many Atlanta area elite prospects in our stadium who aren't considering GT - free tickets.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Official visits are paid for by the university. This includes transportation, room, meals, and entertainment (kind of ambiguous there but being in Atlanta helps us here) for you and your family (up to 3 people total.) I believe only seniors can take official visits and they are only allowed 5 total visits. To be eligible you must first send the college your transcripts and SAT/ACT test scores

Unofficial Visits can be taken at any time at the expense of the player. If it is during a dead period the player cannot talk to any coaches. They are allowed up to 3 free passes to a home game during their visit and number of visits isn't regulated. This is how we get many Atlanta area elite prospects in our stadium who aren't considering GT - free tickets.
Thanks I didn't know that either