Pitt - Final Series of Regular Season (Th/Fri/Sat)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitt had not lost a home ACC opener until tonight.

Also.... I'm pretty sure Tech threw more balls than strikes. The odds of winning a game like that has to be pretty low.

No we threw 51.5 strikes which is god awful. and Pitt left 11 on. 7 BB, 11 hits and 1 HBP is what we gave up. But caveman ball came through. Crushed the ball 3 times. And the T1 was a thing of beauty that was completely offset by the ugliness of the B5. Love em, hate em and love em all in the same game.

But a win is a win.

In the last inning on the second batter, Zach got a high strike call on 2-1 that was a really awful call. Ball was at least 6 inches high. But he'd thrown so many 2 feet high that that one must have looked good to the ump since his depth perception had been changed. Brilliant. (tic) That ump was a mess and called a bunch of inside balls on us as strikes. So at least he was consistently incompetent.

Medich pitched really well but the D let him down. Two errors, one should have been a DP and the other was a lead off error B5. Oh well, ugly or not a win is a win.

1653009223122.png

1653009608289.png

1653009637511.png

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
No we threw 51.5 strikes which is god awful. and Pitt left 11 on. 7 BB, 11 hits and 1 HBP is what we gave up. But caveman ball came through. Crushed the ball 3 times. And the T1 was a thing of beauty that was completely offset by the ugliness of the B5. Love em, hate em and love em all in the same game.

But a win is a win.

In the last inning on the second batter, Zach got a high strike call on 2-1 that was a really awful call. Ball was at least 6 inches high. But he'd thrown so many 2 feet high that that one must have looked good to the ump since his depth perception had been changed. Brilliant. (tic) That ump was a mess and called a bunch of inside balls on us as strikes. So at least he was consistently incompetent.

Medich pitched really well but the D let him down. Two errors, one should have been a DP and the other was a lead off error B5. Oh well, ugly or not a win is a win.

View attachment 12441

View attachment 12442

View attachment 12443

How did we walk 5 in the fifth? How can that happen. Also was in the truck listening to Wylie when apparently Jackson failed to catch a simple flip from Simpson on what sounded like a sure DP. I almost ran off the road. That is a play that pony leaguers execute on a regular basis. How in the name of Russ Chandler do you not have enough focus to complete that play. Glad I didn’t see or hear the error to lead off the fifth. Probably would have completely blown a gasket.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
How did we walk 5 in the fifth? How can that happen. Also was in the truck listening to Wylie when apparently Jackson failed to catch a simple flip from Simpson on what sounded like a sure DP. I almost ran off the road. That is a play that pony leaguers execute on a regular basis. How in the name of Russ Chandler do you not have enough focus to complete that play. Glad I didn’t see or hear the error to lead off the fifth. Probably would have completely blown a gasket.
I thought Chandler should have taken that one to the bag himself. From my vantage point, it looked like he was close enough and his momentum was heading in that direction. I suspect Jadyn was surprised that Chandler didn't take it to the bag himself.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitt had not lost a home ACC opener until tonight.

Also.... I'm pretty sure Tech threw more balls than strikes. The odds of winning a game like that has to be pretty low.

They put their Ace out there. The last two weeks he hasn't been their ace, maybe something to do with regularly running him up over 100 pitches?
1653043680883.png

Regardless, we stayed at 26 RPI and Pitt dropped to 68. I don't think Pitt makes NCAAs unless they win the next two AND win two in the ACC Tourney AND IFF that gets their RPI into the mid-40s.

Looking at the stands last night, there we very few people there and Medich's cheering section made it sound like a home game. And we had our lucky @CINCYMETJACKET there. He should go up with Wiley and keep him company in the booth.....

Not related, but other pitching staffs seem to have occasional problems:

1653043592563.png

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It looked to me to be a throwing error. He didn't throw it to the bag.