Pitt confident they can stop GT

gtg609q

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow...

The DE Eric mentioned:
"Honestly, it's very easy," Murphy said. "You're playing an option team. You've got to do your job. One play I have the quarterback, one play I have the dive. I tackle the dive, I tackle the quarterback. Sometimes he has the ball, sometimes he doesn't. It's very simple. You do your job, you win the game. That's it."

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow...

The DE Eric mentioned:
"Honestly, it's very easy," Murphy said. "You're playing an option team. You've got to do your job. One play I have the quarterback, one play I have the dive. I tackle the dive, I tackle the quarterback. Sometimes he has the ball, sometimes he doesn't. It's very simple. You do your job, you win the game. That's it."
If it's so easy, why do so many teams have trouble? I'm not gonna lie, when I saw this quote, I busted out laughing since they just got done losing to Navy

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If it's so easy, why do so many teams have trouble? I'm not gonna lie, when I saw this quote, I busted out laughing since they just got done losing to Navy

We can still make fun of VT's offense even though we lost to them, because it wasn't their O that beat us. I didn't see the Pitt/Navy game but looking at the box score Navy had only 325 yards of total offense, of which 220 came on the ground, so it's reasonable to see why Pitt would be confident.

That said reading articles like this make me more confident that GT will be motivated and ready.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Were all those quotes from after last Saturday or from before the Navy game then taken out of context?

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly making love is easy too. Just executing your offense to get to that point is the hard part. :D

Advise for Mr. Murphy; be careful of that mean ol' pulling guard (i.e. Mason) who might hit you in the mouth and pancake your behind while you too busy trying to cover your easy "assignment".

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Ah guys don't be too hard on the young man, after all he's right.....................unless you get over eager, or blown off the line of scrimmage, or pancaked by a pulling guard, or go macho trying to make every play yourself ;) After all, like Cam Chancellor said it's an easy offense to stop, they tell you every play what they're going to run!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is going to struggle greatly... I was watching the Navy/Pitt game. I dont' think they have the horses on Defense to hang. If CPJ has proven one thing, its that this offense at Tech destroy's middle to lower tier talent. That is exactly what Pitt has. In my opinion it comes down to turn overs. If we don't turn the ball over it could be like Syracuse. Even if we do turn the ball over, I think it will be like our game vs Virginia.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitt is going to struggle greatly... I was watching the Navy/Pitt game. I dont' think they have the horses on Defense to hang. If CPJ has proven one thing, its that this offense at Tech destroy's middle to lower tier talent. That is exactly what Pitt has. In my opinion it comes down to turn overs. If we don't turn the ball over it could be like Syracuse. Even if we do turn the ball over, I think it will be like our game vs Virginia.
I sure hope you're right. But I would prefer a game like Syracuse ;)

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
Dont they have some beastly d lineman dude? Thats The thing that worries me... That's about it though.

I also don't want our d to make their qb to look like an all pro and complete his first 10 passes. For some reason we have a propensity to do that in first halves.