Votes: 8 42.1%

Votes: 6 31.6%

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@Pitt has always been tough; probably due to the artificial surface playing so much different.

We are 75 RPI, Pitt is 87. They are 3-6 at home this year and 2-10 in ACC.

No precipitation during the series probably, Friday and Saturday @3 and Sunday at 1. In the 40's F for the first two days and then up to the 50's on Sunday.

We are due in RISP hitting (I believe it is mean reverting), so I'll guess 2.

1712182011065.png

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
@Pitt has always been tough; probably due to the artificial surface playing so much different.

We are 75 RPI, Pitt is 87. They are 3-6 at home this year and 2-10 in ACC.

No precipitation during the series probably, Friday and Saturday @3 and Sunday at 1. In the 40's F for the first two days and then up to the 50's on Sunday.

We are due in RISP hitting (I believe it is mean reverting), so I'll guess 2.

View attachment 15959
I voted 2 out of 3 for the Jackets. I think we are on the positive side of the pendulum swing, but I almost never predict a sweep.

What are you looking at that says no precipitation? The forecast I see says the following for Friday in Pittsburgh:

Friday
Rain and snow showers, becoming all rain after noon. High near 44. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Friday Night
Rain showers likely before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I voted 2 out of 3 for the Jackets. I think we are on the positive side of the pendulum swing, but I almost never predict a sweep.

What are you looking at that says no precipitation? The forecast I see says the following for Friday in Pittsburgh:

Friday
Rain and snow showers, becoming all rain after noon. High near 44. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Friday Night
Rain showers likely before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
I just checked Accuweather. They say some rain early Friday. Brief shower Saturday. On the chillier side (by ATL standards) all weekend.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
More tweaks...

I hope that Logan McGuire is not suffering from a return of injury issues. Hopefully he will be available out of the pen.

I've been wondering if they might consider Cam Jones as a starter. As it stands so far he hasn't had many impact opportunities as the closer. Might Dawson Brown's electric performance Tuesday night move him into the first opportunity to become the closer?

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow, we just won a normal baseball game where we got out to a lead and held it, our starting pitcher pitched into the 6th, and the final score wasn’t a “football score”. Been wondering what that feels like!?

Good job guys!! Keep it going!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
It was fun watching them play — and win — through the game’s occasional snow showers.

Were you there? I’m randomly going to be driving the thru Pittsburgh on Sunday on the way to Cleveland for the eclipse on Monday. Hoping to time it to catch 2 or 3 innings.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
A very solid and well played game.

Pitching and timely hitting were finally there.

Good win.
Hopefully the boys can follow up today and win the series. Getting a sweep is very difficult but need to win the series.

I like that Tate is starting on Sunday.

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
Stayed off this site for a while in the attempt to stay positive. I said this before the season, our OOC schedule was going to inflate our stats and we were going to get beat up come ACC time. While I do believe our pitching has improved vs last year, we have absolutely no rhythm to who we want to pitch. Hitting has been streaky for a line up that should be more consistent. MB is hitting 2-32 in ACC play..do we really not have anyone else to put there?

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Stayed off this site for a while in the attempt to stay positive. I said this before the season, our OOC schedule was going to inflate our stats and we were going to get beat up come ACC time. While I do believe our pitching has improved vs last year, we have absolutely no rhythm to who we want to pitch. Hitting has been streaky for a line up that should be more consistent. MB is hitting 2-32 in ACC play..do we really not have anyone else to put there?
Agreed on Bicchetti. Unless they are just not able to play the position (I doubt this is the case), I would look at giving Jaros or Kerce a few starts at 2B.