Physicality in COFH

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The mutt game had to have the most momentum swings of any game I've ever witnessed. Think about it, everytime one team grabbed control of the game, something happened that turned it 180 degrees. One of the best examples of us exerting our physical dominance happened right after a big mo swing in their favor: the fake field goal.

The mutts had all the mo and the ball inside our 5. I don't know how many cracks they had at, even aided by our penalty, but we kept 'em out of the endzone. Yeah, they got 3, but that was a victory for our D and a testament to who owned who in the trenches.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The offensive line crushing their defense I expected; our defense holding them to 17 offensive points was slightly less expected (even accounting for the fact that they had two fewer possessions in the 2nd half - the "fumble" and then the sky kick returned the ball to us immediately). They simply couldn't run on us, and that's a sign we were more physical.
Good point. Their running in the second half was anemic.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Some of it is scheme:

Our very big offensive lineman were running free and crushing their linebackers. That is a mis-match created by the scheme. We had it all day long and in the second half they they were getting beat like a piñata.

/