Philpott

MountPGT1990

Banned
Anyone know what's going on with C. Philpott? Is he still injured?
I was hoping he was going to be a big contributor this year and haven't heard a word about him.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'm honestly not sure, but in general, how often do third or fourth string WR's get significant playing time for us? Juene has shown he is this year's go to guy. Brad is right up there with him. Without seeing Philpott play, I don't see how he gets on the field unless one of the starters gets tired.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He need to lose weight from what I read he gained to much weight and lost speed.

More stretching or yoga would probably help as well.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm honestly not sure, but in general, how often do third or fourth string WR's get significant playing time for us? Juene has shown he is this year's go to guy. Brad is right up there with him. Without seeing Philpott play, I don't see how he gets on the field unless one of the starters gets tired.

We've seen plenty of 3rd and 4th string WR's play, we just don't remember them. If you're the #4 guy in Louisville's 4-WR set and Coach No-Morals-I'm-a-Horrible-Person calls a draw, it's easy to take a play or two off.

Our WR's have to be very physical; they can't take a down off. If it's a pass, they gotta run routes. if it's a run, they gotta block. It's hard to remember when the 3rd string guy's in there and he's blocking on the playside; it's even harder when he's blocking on the backside.

That said, I can only recall June, Stewart, and Lands-Davis at WR so far.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
We've seen plenty of 3rd and 4th string WR's play, we just don't remember them. If you're the #4 guy in Louisville's 4-WR set and Coach No-Morals-I'm-a-Horrible-Person calls a draw, it's easy to take a play or two off.

Our WR's have to be very physical; they can't take a down off. If it's a pass, they gotta run routes. if it's a run, they gotta block. It's hard to remember when the 3rd string guy's in there and he's blocking on the playside; it's even harder when he's blocking on the backside.

That said, I can only recall June, Stewart, and Lands-Davis at WR so far.

Messick played some against Mercer. I had to look him up cause he cut his hair and changed his number.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I can't recall the last time we fielded more than 2 WR at one time...So for me...past the first two starters playing time is so limited for backups...its hard for them to contribute; and by contribute it may literally be 5 snaps, no catches. 2 blocks and 3 whiffs.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I can't recall the last time we fielded more than 2 WR at one time...So for me...past the first two starters playing time is so limited for backups...its hard for them to contribute; and by contribute it may literally be 5 snaps, no catches. 2 blocks and 3 whiffs.
Camp, Howell, and Messick all played in the second half late in the Mercer game, but you are right, the opportunity to "contribute" as the fourth WR down is limited.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We rotate 5-6 wr a game often according to cpj

Dont recall ever seeing 3 on the field at one time. So the rotation is at two slots where the first two starters really receive 80% of the snaps. My point is 345 and six may get time but let's face it it's a couple of snaps each.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Bags of physical tools. Just needs to stay healthy.

CPJ said Philpott was in line to play last season heading out of camp but he got injured and by the time he recovered, it wasn't worth burning his redshirt.