PFF Week 2 Grades

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Zeek Biggers played 28 snaps on defense in Week 2. He played 45 snaps on defense in all of 2021.
He appeared to be winded quite
often, but hard to tell precisely from the stands if that’s an issue or just the way he is.

This is sort of interesting. We ran the ball quite effectively and threw it poorly but the PFF says the OL did better in pass protection than run blocking.

Makes you wonder if Western Carolina is just really bad at run defense. It did seem like Sims had time to through compared to week 1, but he just didn't throw it that well.
It also feels like the WR's as a group are not particularly strong.
We were pretty bad at run blocking overall given the expected level of competition. In my opinion Sims had a long time to pass on most plays and did not seem to be pressured much. The ineffectiveness in the passing game was nearly all in him and the WRs this game. Not sure why but it seems like somewhere in the middle of last season our WRs started struggling as a whole. I thought we’d be at least about average with this group.

JacketFan137

Banned
Zeek Biggers played 28 snaps on defense in Week 2. He played 45 snaps on defense in all of 2021.
he looks slimmed down and a little leaner which is a good thing. i think he can really be special in a year or 2 as he continues to improve his body with coach lew. could be a jordan davis esque guy for us if he improves

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Peje’ Harris’ run blocking grade puts him at #241 out of 256 FBS tight ends. Luke Benson is #27 in the same metric. Harris has 39 run blocking reps, Benson has 41.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I hesitate posting this because he only played one game against the best DL in the nation, but Paul Tchio’s overall blocking grade is #533 out of 536 FBS guards who’ve taken a snap.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Makius Scott is tied with Ace for the team lead in hurries with six, but doesn’t have a sack. Seemingly relevant, Scott’s tackling grade is second-lowest on the defense (24.4).

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
McDuffie's stats were pedestrian, however there were three runs I recall where nothing was there but he made cuts at the LOS and redirected to gain positive yards in important situations to move sticks/score.

Concerned that there was nothing there however.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Kalani Norris leads the offense in Average Depth of Target at 23.0 yards. He’s received two targets this year. Nate McCollum is #2 on the team in the same metric, at 13.4 yards.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Out of 31 completions, our pass catchers have forced four missed tackles. McCollum with two, Carter and Dontae Smith with one each.

Out of three contested (i.e. “up-for-grabs”) targets this season, our pass catchers have yet to make a reception.