Peachtree Road Race

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Anyone doing the Peachtree next week? I'm in group H on Saturday. I'll be wearing an umbrella hat, just to stand out ya know lol.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Since they expanded it to 2 days without much explanation, I thought they were over-doing the covid avoidance stuff and decided to do a 10K elsewhere. To me the fun of such races are the music, the crowds, the overall enthusiasm and I have doubts with it being spread over two days how that will play....plus, you can't hang out afterwards in Piedmont Park? Did I hear that right?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Since they expanded it to 2 days without much explanation, I thought they were over-doing the covid avoidance stuff and decided to do a 10K elsewhere. To me the fun of such races are the music, the crowds, the overall enthusiasm and I have doubts with it being spread over two days how that will play....plus, you can't hang out afterwards in Piedmont Park? Did I hear that right?
I have similar concerns, which is why I chose Saturday to walk. I know there are no sponsor tents in Piedmont Park this year. But the big benefit is the last start wave stats at 7:30 so everyone should be done by 9, well before the heat and humidity hit.