Paul Johnson Disciples

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm always interested in seeing how former assistants under CPJ are doing as head coaches. Fun fact: Ken Niumatalolo at Navy has the same record at Navy that CPJ has at GT (51-32). Anyways, who are some of the other guys in the Paul Johnson coaching tree? Listed a couple that I know of below.

Ken Niumatalolo (Navy) - 7th year as head coach
Head Coaching Record (Navy) = 51-32 (0.614)

Jeff Monken (Army) - 5th year as head coach
Head Coaching Record (GSU, Army) = 39-18 (0.684)

Brian Bohannon (KSU)
First Season 2015

Anyone on the current staff that will be next?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Navy is the perfect job for a coach that wants long term stability. If you go to a bowl game, you're considered a really good coach because of the hurdles that Navy has, and it's track record before CPJ. CPJ did a masterful job of bringing that program back to respectability...to the point they are playing national level games now. There are no expectations of a national championship and winning conference championships ('cause technically they can't) or winning 10+ games a year. Coach Ken (not gonna try that last name) is doing a great job of sustaining the success CPJ built.

That Army vs Navy game is going to be something to watch now that it's CPJ disciple versus CPJ disciple.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I could see Bryan Cook. Young guy, coaching under an offensive "guru", but also a track record of coaching his own system before CPJ. Good recruiter, and seems to have the right temperament. Coaching for a national level school and his offense is having success...will get credit for developing JT.

I know some guys hate it, but CPJ's system works. Cook going to a smaller school to be a HC like Bohanon and Monken (GSU) and working his way up the ladder will eventually happen.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
winning conference championships ('cause technically they can't)
not for long, they will be in AAC starting next year. Though it's weird that they will be in the 'West' division:
West Division: Houston, Memphis, Navy, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa
East Division: UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, East Carolina, USF, Temple

Techster

Helluva Engineer
not for long, they will be in AAC starting next year. Though it's weird that they will be in the 'West' division:
West Division: Houston, Memphis, Navy, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa
East Division: UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, East Carolina, USF, Temple

They should definitely compete for a conference title with that lineup. Their division looks VERY winnable if Coach Ken stays.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Former Navy QB Craig Candeto (played for CPJ in 2002-2003, also was an assistant at Tech for a year) took over a poor NCAA Div. 3 Capital University program last season, finishing 3-7 in his first season as HC. Capital has won its first two games this season. Yep, they use the CPJ system, and Candeto is OC as well as HC.

(Don't forget, coach Sewak took over at Georgia Southern when CPJ left for Navy, and Sewak went 35-14 as HC of the Eagles.)

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I could see Bryan Cook. Young guy, coaching under an offensive "guru", but also a track record of coaching his own system before CPJ. Good recruiter, and seems to have the right temperament. Coaching for a national level school and his offense is having success...will get credit for developing JT.

I know some guys hate it, but CPJ's system works. Cook going to a smaller school to be a HC like Bohanon and Monken (GSU) and working his way up the ladder will eventually happen.

I wouldn't mind Coach Cook's offense being ran at Tech at some point.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm always interested in seeing how former assistants under CPJ are doing as head coaches. Fun fact: Ken Niumatalolo at Navy has the same record at Navy that CPJ has at GT (51-32). Anyways, who are some of the other guys in the Paul Johnson coaching tree? Listed a couple that I know of below.

Ken Niumatalolo (Navy) - 7th year as head coach
Head Coaching Record (Navy) = 51-32 (0.614)

Jeff Monken (Army) - 5th year as head coach
Head Coaching Record (GSU, Army) = 39-18 (0.684)

Brian Bohannon (KSU)
First Season 2015

Where are the defensive disciples?