Paul Johnson and His Players

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
I think a lot of our late success was when Days started playing more. This offense needs a B back that can maneuver when he breaks through the line. I love Laskey, but he was all down hill runner. Though Days lacked speed, once he broke through he would cut it to the outside. And I think Laskey started doing some of that when he came back. Was fun to watch both our B backs become a true weapon again.
I really do think that most of our opponents are more sound in how they defend the option than they were when Dwyer was here. He had so many runs where he just ran to daylight because the safeties ran themselves right out of the play. Now those same plays get us 20 yards. I wonder if Leggett can have an impact on this. Its damn hard to beat a safety 1 on 1 and retain enough speed to beat everyone else down the field.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really do think that most of our opponents are more sound in how they defend the option than they were when Dwyer was here. He had so many runs where he just ran to daylight because the safeties ran themselves right out of the play. Now those same plays get us 20 yards. I wonder if Leggett can have an impact on this. Its damn hard to beat a safety 1 on 1 and retain enough speed to beat everyone else down the field.

In the 2009 Orange bowl Iowa was jamming left side with a stud DT and bb went no where - coach called bb rocket toss and JD took off like shoot out of cannon. We actually made a game of it.
Next year I think we will have more speed at bb and we will see lots - bb gash runs of 20 yds and after break safety tackle - go for 20 more.

Whatllyahave

Georgia Tech Fan
We certainly could have a better team with a worse record. We were just a few plays away from 7-5 and even fewer plays away from 12-0. I am going to enjoy basking in an unexpectedly good season and while I would indeed like to whup MSU in the Orange Bowl a loss won't diminish this team's accomplishments.