Patrick Skov Tricep Press

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Gotsis is flexible as well.

Lot of REALLY nice pieces for CTR to play with this year...probably the deepest at DL we've been since I can remember. Not sure we'll replicate the 1st line DL of 2008 (4 draft picks, 3 of whom are still in the NFL), but overall depth of this year's DL is something I hope we can have in the future.

Jabari is a major piece, but the wild card really is Kallon. He gives us a big body to move Gotsis and Gamble to SDE without sacrificing quality on the interior IF he's on the same trajectory he displayed during spring. Lots of combinations for different situations for CTR to think about. Then you have WDE...an embarrassment of riches for GT standards. Gonna be fun watching our DL do work this year as opposed to being a liability.
I also won't project that this line will be better or as good as 2008's but I do think there is a chance that in a few years we can look back and say something similar about it as far as the getting drafted part. Gotsis and Hunt are already no doubters at getting drafted. Gamble looks to already be a possible UDFA, so has a chance to get drafted. Kallon was so raw and new to the sport that I do not want to put a cap on his potential given how every blue blood college program went after him hard once he was discovered. And Keshun already made AA lists as a freshman, so his potential could also be such as to end up drafted in a few years.

That still wouldn't equal the upper classmen NFL draftee depth on the DL in 2008, but there may be more potential NFL talent this year.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
How do you push down 390 when you only weigh 2 something?
56827973.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Someone on here can answer this. It likely has to do with the force generated in the muscles being worked. Some Tech physics guy will come along and explain it.
No, if you're pushing on a load and you weigh less than the load, you're gonna move not the load. Unless you're braced somehow like on a bench press or squat and you're pushing off the ground.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
No, if you're pushing on a load and you weigh less than the load, you're gonna move not the load. Unless you're braced somehow like on a bench press or squat and you're pushing off the ground.
Ok then the video was faked. Kidding of course. The machine involved plays a role. I would think it is able to transfer the force generated by the user in a manner that allows that weight to go up. It isn't like he is going up to something weighing more then himself and just pushing. But actually people do that all the time right? Like smaller linemen against bigger ones. Leverage and such plays a role in whether you move or the load you push moves.

Notice I am still speaking opaquely as I really am not a math and physics guy; but obviously it can be done, so hopefully someone will wander around here and explain it for us.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I know for a fact from working out that you can push more weight down than what you weigh without having a brace. The thing I don't know is how it works, I have no scientific explanation.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I will say he's not doing a full 390 though, because it is on a pull system it keeps it balanced better so your not fighting to keep it balanced. It's like bench press, free weight on bench press is a lot harder than if you use the smith machine.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Not if part of the load vector is lateral. Then the displacement isnt pure in any one direction.

And pulleys :)