Pastner v bell

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
GARY PARR-a** where you at, sun?!

Compromised your own meager credibility to give this criminal your platform.

Let your apology be as loud as your disrespect.

Don't you dare hide behind your non-existent journalistic integrity and say you were "just tryna get to the bottom of" this non-story. You saw a salacious headline that could pander to your garbage-a** Memphis fanbase and jumped at the chance to sully a guy's name.

Screw you, Gary Parr-a**. I'm never saying your name or clicking any of your garbage content(sic) ever again.

I already couldn't stand his smarmy, no-talent a**.

Deleted member 2897

I know I just received a thread ban for criticizing the NCAA (I still don’t get that), but do it again if you want - the NCAA rightly deserves to be criticized or once again showing their ***. While people are caught on wiretaps talking about paying players and there’s live national video of players being paid on TV, we get punished for an infraction even though evidence in court shows it was a setup. The NCAA can go **** themselves.

Super super steel backbone credit goes to Tech and Todd Stansbury for having the guts during the height of the MeToo era for standing by CJP. That was not an easy thing to do.

It’s good to see the good guys prevail.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I know I just received a thread ban for criticizing the NCAA (I still don’t get that), but do it again if you want - the NCAA rightly deserves to be criticized or once again showing their ***.
You sure you got banned in a thread for that? Absolutely crazy if true. I don’t think there’s a GT fan anywhere that thinks we’ve gotten fair treatment over the years from the NCAA. A bunch of ****ing clueless punks run that organization. Second only behind the ***bags up the road and it’s pretty close.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe I am missing something, but didn't the sanctions by the NCAA come from the Okogie and Jackson trip to AZ and the other stuff Bell sent them prior to that? I am not agreeing with the way the NCAA handled our penalties, but we did not get any for all the made up accusations Bell tossed around later. I agree that Parrish should come clean and publish a real apology for what he did.

Deleted member 2897

You sure you got banned in a thread for that? Absolutely crazy if true. I don’t think there’s a GT fan anywhere that thinks we’ve gotten fair treatment over the years from the NCAA. A bunch of ****ing clueless punks run that organization. Second only behind the ***bags up the road and it’s pretty close.

Yes the message I got related to the ban was that it (insulting the NCAA) was too repetitive. I still don’t get it, but whatever.

The false accusations of sexual assault wasn’t the only setup - the AZ trip was too. He kept all the receipts and also used that as a part of his threats and extortion. Who goes to the NCAA and says “look at what I did, you need to investigate” LOL. And the NCAA reportedly even canceled a live interview trip for fear of the safety of their investigator because of how he was acting IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am missing something, but didn't the sanctions by the NCAA come from the Okogie and Jackson trip to AZ and the other stuff Bell sent them prior to that? I am not agreeing with the way the NCAA handled our penalties, but we did not get any for all the made up accusations Bell tossed around later. I agree that Parrish should come clean and publish a real apology for what he did.

I could be wrong, but I think it was actually the DLab stuff that was used as justification for our punishment more than anything to do with Bell.

slugboy

Staff member
I’ll see if I can dig up the NCAA report, but here’s an article: https://apnews.com/article/recruiti...llege-sports-aa2e757192274a7eb720e0c2a7d24d9b

The NCAA did cite Pastner’s lack of judgement in the report, roughly a year after they seemed to clear him of wrongdoing. The sanctions seemed more heavily tied to LaBarrie, and the report dug in there. The fact he’s still outside of the NCAA aligns with him getting the bulk of the blame from the NCAA.

The spokesperson said they were lenient, but the overturned penalties on appeal said they weren’t appropriate

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GARY PARR-a** where you at, sun?!

Compromised your own meager credibility to give this criminal your platform.

Let your apology be as loud as your disrespect.

Don't you dare hide behind your non-existent journalistic integrity and say you were "just tryna get to the bottom of" this non-story. You saw a salacious headline that could pander to your garbage-a** Memphis fanbase and jumped at the chance to sully a guy's name.

Screw you, Gary Parr-a**. I'm never saying your name or clicking any of your garbage content(sic) ever again.

I already couldn't stand his smarmy, no-talent a**.
@kg01 coming strong in defense of CJP!! Look how far you've come!

Deleted member 2897

I’ll see if I can dig up the NCAA report, but here’s an article: https://apnews.com/article/recruiti...llege-sports-aa2e757192274a7eb720e0c2a7d24d9b

The NCAA did cite Pastner’s lack of judgement in the report, roughly a year after they seemed to clear him of wrongdoing. The sanctions seemed more heavily tied to LaBarrie, and the report dug in there. The fact he’s still outside of the NCAA aligns with him getting the bulk of the blame from the NCAA.

The spokesperson said they were lenient, but the overturned penalties on appeal said they weren’t appropriate

Yea I forgot about our appeal and how the NCAA got ripped a new one on their overreach. Would be nice if they issued an official apology but I advise nobody to hold their breath.