Pastner on 680 this morning

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Anyone hear it? I heard the promos for it, but forgot to listen to it.

I heard on another site that Steak was his typical douche and would ask a question and then not let him answer, but Pastner just kept on talking over Steak. Gotta love that!

slugboy

Staff member
I heard him on 92.9. Assume it was the same thing. My recollection
  • He's really positive, and comes off well on radio.
  • Don't trust him for NCAA picks. His big recommendations got upset. (he's sorry if you used him to fill out your bracket)
  • Still picked Duke and Nova as the strongest two standing. Possibly the kiss of death on them.
  • UVA wasn't that big of an upset. This isn't the pros. One bad game and you're out, and everyone can have star players now. You can go pro from anywhere. Some of the smaller schools have really good seniors.
From a previous call, he thinks we're in a good place and going in the right direction.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Anyone hear it? I heard the promos for it, but forgot to listen to it.

I heard on another site that Steak was his typical douche and would ask a question and then not let him answer, but Pastner just kept on talking over Steak. Gotta love that!
During Pastner's press conference after the last game, Josh, trying to find some positives about the season, made a comment about the number of wins over the last two seasons. It was a big joke to Brisket and then, of course, Sandra and Finneran joined in the yuckfest.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I heard that about a week or two ago. I get that everyone wants to get back to the days of 1985-96, but we've been down now for nearly 10 years. It's not going to happen overnight in the ACC. He was saying we're moving in the right direction, but Steak just likes to play radio and kill the team on his radio station since that's the "in" thing to do.

And Sandra talked to days about UGA hiring Ron Hunter from Georgia State. "Watch out for him! He's light it up at UGA! They better give him an interview!" Look, he may have done an okay job there, but I don't see him as a Power 5 coach. He's done a good job at GSU, but I presume he's recruiting a lot of kids that we couldn't (UGA could) and transfers. It's not like he's going to the NCAA's every year. He's been twice.

That show is so bad. I hate that they moved Domino and Cellini. But, nothing else sports related to listen to in the AM. I do listen to Wes and Mark Packer on the ACC Network on XM on the way in from 7-10. They've had on basically every football, basketball and baseball coach in the ACC in the past three weeks. Really good ACC coverage.

During Pastner's press conference after the last game, Josh, trying to find some positives about the season, made a comment about the number of wins over the last two seasons. It was a big joke to Brisket and then, of course, Sandra and Finneran joined in the yuckfest.

Milwaukee

Banned
Yeah, I heard that about a week or two ago. I get that everyone wants to get back to the days of 1985-96, but we've been down now for nearly 10 years. It's not going to happen overnight in the ACC. He was saying we're moving in the right direction, but Steak just likes to play radio and kill the team on his radio station since that's the "in" thing to do.

And Sandra talked to days about UGA hiring Ron Hunter from Georgia State. "Watch out for him! He's light it up at UGA! They better give him an interview!" Look, he may have done an okay job there, but I don't see him as a Power 5 coach. He's done a good job at GSU, but I presume he's recruiting a lot of kids that we couldn't (UGA could) and transfers. It's not like he's going to the NCAA's every year. He's been twice.

That show is so bad. I hate that they moved Domino and Cellini. But, nothing else sports related to listen to in the AM. I do listen to Wes and Mark Packer on the ACC Network on XM on the way in from 7-10. They've had on basically every football, basketball and baseball coach in the ACC in the past three weeks. Really good ACC coverage.

We've only been down and irrelevant for 8 years, not a decade. That's what I heard on the street.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I hate Steaky Poo. I wish crap for him.

I don't listen to sports talk radio after College FB season except to try and listen to our MBB games. "Try" to listen to a station with no signal.

But this rat hole station is as good as it will ever get for that whining voiced, Boston p.o.s. In a few years his daughter will be making more as a Waffle House server than he does now.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

I'll have to look into the ACC Network on Tunein.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I hate Steaky Poo. I wish crap for him.

But this rat hole station is as good as it will ever get for that whining voiced, Boston p.o.s. In a few years his daughter will be making more as a Waffle House server than he does now.

I would see Brisket from time to time at MBB before Josh. I hate that he's even on campus sometime.

He's probably doing OK for himself. He's also got this TV restaurant show that seems to be doing going on for a couple for years now OK. Production quality seems to be improving each year. I hate watching him but I like to find out about intown eateries.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
680 interviewed the head coach of the Georgia Swarm (?), the local professional lacrosse team this morning and you would've thought that they were interviewing Vince Lombardi or something. All positive and what a great sport and how it's a great atmosphere and blah blah blah. This for the head coach of some team I've basically never heard of before.

Then they got into the Pastner interview and apparently Steak has caught major hell about it because he was sarcastically talking about all the "praise" he's been getting for the interview. Finerin then read an email from a listener to management ripping Steak to shreds over how he treated the coach of a team that the station is the broadcaster of and how he kept interrupting him, etc. Very brutal letter, but Sandra and Finerin kept saying (sarcastically) what a great job he did, interrupting when needed, etc. It just boggles my mind why they would broadcast our games and treat the teams and coaches so poorly. I get that it's radio, but I can't imagine any other radio station that broadcasts a teams games treating the team or coaches so poorly. Just sad really.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Thank god I moved out of UGA crap radio territory a few years back. Up here its UK basketball and Fox Sports Radio, but when I come home and I flip to 92.9... I usually can go about 5 mins until I have to change it. That 929 the gameeeeeeeeee jingle burns my a**

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t listened to terrestrial radio in years. It was unlistenable in Maine. Once I subscribed to SXM I enjoyed it but I have since moved on to podcasts exclusively.

Granted that doesn’t provide you with much GT specific topics but it’s just better.