Parker Braun All-Bowl Offensive Tackle

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
The skinny: Braun committed to Georgia Tech in late August over schools such as Duke, Auburn and Ohio State. His brother, Trey Braun, signed with the Yellow Jackets in 2011, which definitely became a factor for the younger Braun. This season, Braun was one of the more successful true freshmen in the country. He finished off his fantastic debut campaign with another dominating performance against Kentucky, when he helped the Yellow Jackets roll to 266 yards on the ground during their victory in the TaxSlayer Bowl.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-all-bowl-team-offense-1

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think he'll go on to having a career that rivals Shaq Mason and that includes at the next level. Having two outstanding OL's in the "League" will go a long way to shatter the myth that our offense doesn't prepare OL's for the NFL. We may have more than one future NFL OL on the team right now.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that a guard gets selected as a tackle. In my opinion, Braun and Bryan are both really great offensive linemen. If Cooper, Klock and Lee can raise their games to B and B level, we will have the best offensive line in the land.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that a guard gets selected as a tackle. In my opinion, Braun and Bryan are both really great offensive linemen. If Cooper, Klock and Lee can raise their games to B and B level, we will have the best offensive line in the land.

Go Jackets!
We also have nice depth. Throw in Sham, Marshall and the Morgans plus some stud true frosh coming in.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
There was a time when all three lived in the house. We had a saying...If you didn't buy milk yesterday, you need to pick up two gallons today.

rotfl.gif

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The left side of ol had 3 true freshmen on many plays.

Braun was the first to play.

After becoming a full time starter the others were added with little or know drop off .

To me what is amazing is Lee and Cooper were not highly recruited. It has to be that Braun makes them better players or coach pulled off a great recruiting coup. Probably both.

Got to love how much quickness and play till the whistle blowsthe left side shows.

Next year the defenses will not load to stop our qb from keeping the ball on the pitch (they can't stop this offense - orange bowl). They will plug the middle to make our new qb make decesions and then force him to run (tevin washington).
IMO
Our ol will be ready (sham in shape and Will in beast mode, parker running wild, Cooper ,etc) and Coach will call plays (strong line, pull, fold,counter, sweep, jet, all of the above) that will end the BS about our offense is high school.

The skinny: Braun committed to Georgia Tech in late August over schools such as Duke, Auburn and Ohio State. His brother, Trey Braun, signed with the Yellow Jackets in 2011, which definitely became a factor for the younger Braun. This season, Braun was one of the more successful true freshmen in the country. He finished off his fantastic debut campaign with another dominating performance against Kentucky, when he helped the Yellow Jackets roll to 266 yards on the ground during their victory in the TaxSlayer Bowl.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-all-bowl-team-offense-1
Quite a few 3 stars in that list, plus one 0 star. Only two five stars.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Wait until he gets stronger with a full offseason of weight training. Remember, the guy played well as a TRUE freshmen with just one summer and a fall camp.
This, imagine what he will play like with an extra 10 or 15 pounds of good weight plus the strength to go along with it. I could see him being all acc guard by the end of his career.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
The left side of ol had 3 true freshmen on many plays.

Braun was the first to play.

After becoming a full time starter the others were added with little or know drop off .

To me what is amazing is Lee and Cooper were not highly recruited. It has to be that Braun makes them better players or coach pulled off a great recruiting coup. Probably both.

Got to love how much quickness and play till the whistle blowsthe left side shows.

Next year the defenses will not load to stop our qb from keeping the ball on the pitch (they can't stop this offense - orange bowl). They will plug the middle to make our new qb make decesions and then force him to run (tevin washington).
IMO
Our ol will be ready (sham in shape and Will in beast mode, parker running wild, Cooper ,etc) and Coach will call plays (strong line, pull, fold,counter, sweep, jet, all of the above) that will end the BS about our offense is high school.
Lee and Cooper impressed me a lot this year. Both were low recruited two stars IIRC, but both did an admirable job playing this year. Parker definitely helped with that, and I'm excited about the future of our OL. Compared to 2015 when it was so bleak, the future of our O looks really good.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Lee, Braun and Cooper all have the added advantage of experience. It's huge. Typically, we have guys maturing physically while redshirting. After two years of riding the pine, our typical prospects are ready to start their on-field apprenticeship. Our trio will be fully matured by year 3, both physically and mentally which means their fully versed in the playbook. Furthermore, they'll possess the all important chemistry between linemates that's so important, especially in our offense.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This, imagine what he will play like with an extra 10 or 15 pounds of good weight plus the strength to go along with it. I could see him being all acc guard by the end of his career.

Technically, he's already an All-American! (Freshmen ESPN All-American)

I think he'll be All ACC next year, barring injuries (*knock on wood*). He's already got the media momentum that those voters rely on to see who they should look for...plus, he's backing it up with his onfield play.