Pack The Dodd

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Got to work until midnight. Then an easy 3hr drive leaving by mid-morning. Loving the mid afternoon and later start times.

P.S. Football Friday Night Scoreboard from 10p-12a covering all high school football scores across the state ;) check your local radio stations

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I’ve always been a believer in “build it and they will come.” Win regularly and all of a sudden you’ll start seeing more Tech stuff popping up in the stores, in people’s yards, and most importantly, in BDS. Look at Duke. They are probably as close to us in demographics as anyone. I remember pretty recently their stadium being a ghost town on gameday. Now, they’re bringing in temporary seating because they’re a hot ticket. Yes, Clemson, ND, College Gameday, 40K seat stadium, I know. Main thing is they’re 4-0 and they’re playing good football. Their fans are showing up because of that. We do the same, we’ll see the same. Just win, baby.

JacketFan137

Banned
I’ve always been a believer in “build it and they will come.” Win regularly and all of a sudden you’ll start seeing more Tech stuff popping up in the stores, in people’s yards, and most importantly, in BDS. Look at Duke. They are probably as close to us in demographics as anyone. I remember pretty recently their stadium being a ghost town on gameday. Now, they’re bringing in temporary seating because they’re a hot ticket. Yes, Clemson, ND, College Gameday, 40K seat stadium, I know. Main thing is they’re 4-0 and they’re playing good football. Their fans are showing up because of that. We do the same, we’ll see the same. Just win, baby.
while this is true it would also help us to actually win if we had a loud and engaged crowd to give us a semblance of a home field advantage.

frankly our fanbase is awful and filled with people that would rather complain about **** than go to games. the last few uga games have been pathetic and embarrassing and that’s not even just limited to the collins era. even the last 2 i remember under paul were vast majority uga fans, and collins just made it way worse.

same goes for the money and donating. too much “well if we start winning it will come.” that’s bs we need people to donate (if they are able) and go to games TODAY

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish I could be there tomorrow…living in Orlando now is hard for me to make more than maybe 1 game a year. Was a season ticket holder for 11 years before I moved, so I tried to do my part! Hopefully people show up tomorrow.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
While I don't fundamentally disagree with the overall premise here, I think it's important to note that Duke only attracted something like 18k (out of 40k) for its home game against Lafayette a couple of weeks ago. Their sellouts (I believe) are driven mainly by visiting fans (I wouldn't be shocked if it's an ND home game in Durham tomorrow).

I think the main difference between us and Duke is that we ARE a football school. They only care about football when they're really good, and they just view it as something to keep them entertained until basketball season. Tech has a football culture deeply engrained in our history and tradition, and I surmise that once we wake up the fanbase from its geoff-induced coma, BDS will return to its glory days of electric atmospheres and (more importantly) meaningful football games.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
When they hired the former guy, it was obvious to many the damage he was going to do. Coach Key is still suffering from TFG's complete incompetence. Once Key gets us back to winning, at least winning season and fans feeling like we will be competitive in most games, they will start showing back up.

TFG turned Tech football into a wasteland for 5 years and we are just seeing us exiting. Attendance will be up some this year and start to climb more next season if we can win at least 6 games this year, 2024 will be when we stop wondering around in the desert. 7-8 wins in 2024 and 2025 will get really exciting from an attendance perspective

jacketFan3938

Georgia Tech Fan
Weird thread. Win and fans will come out. This is true for all fan bases. People are comparing us to fan bases that are 3x our size saying they “still show out” even when their team is bad. Uh, yeah, fan bases with 3 million plus can handle some down years. But don’t think the interest and attendance doesn’t start to suffer. They are just starting from a way higher floor than GT.

If GT wins, our fan base can approach ~1.5 million. But in 4 consecutive years of being not only bad but among the worst in FBS, then yeah our 1 million fans are going to find other ways to spend their Saturdays.

Let’s not crap on each other, and support the team as they rebuild FOR REAL this time. And trust that our stadium will be packed when the time is right.

JacketFan137

Banned
Weird thread. Win and fans will come out. This is true for all fan bases. People are comparing us to fan bases that are 3x our size saying they “still show out” even when their team is bad. Uh, yeah, fan bases with 3 million plus can handle some down years. But don’t think the interest and attendance doesn’t start to suffer. They are just starting from a way higher floor than GT.

If GT wins, our fan base can approach ~1.5 million. But in 4 consecutive years of being not only bad but among the worst in FBS, then yeah our 1 million fans are going to find other ways to spend their Saturdays.

Let’s not crap on each other, and support the team as they rebuild FOR REAL this time. And trust that our stadium will be packed when the time is right.
there was games in 2014 that weren’t filled and that’s the best tech team of my lifetime. i’m not sure we’re ever gonna be filling our stadium outside of the big ticket teams

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
there was games in 2014 that weren’t filled and that’s the best tech team of my lifetime. i’m not sure we’re ever gonna be filling our stadium outside of the big ticket teams
Going forward.
Pack the Dodd with fun that creates Gt Sidewalk Fans.

1. As arranged by Gtaa local outreach program = Most of upper north and some of other stands - free to one full pay adult accompanied and 5 youths , jr high football - free smallIish drink in 4th quarter for youth. Worked great at PHS

2. Have Buzz make appearnce w future fans - put on jumbotron .

3 Form a group of Gt Ambassadors like ND has. They could be in gold blasers or polo and they could welcome guets to BDS. (Selectively)Pass out cheap Gt Sidewalk fan hats.

4 . Microdrone show w buzz in accordance w regulations - purpose to show gt has national championship drone racing team.

5. For goodness sake- Bring back
Yellow- Jackets Cheer
Measure and display decibles by side.

This is our last chance or we will be Bucknell out of football.

Last edited:

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Going forward.
Pack the Dodd with fun that creates Gt Sidewalk Fans.

1. As arranged by Gtaa local outreach program = Most of upper north and some of other stands - free to one full pay adult accompanied and 5 youths , jr high football - free smallIish drink in 4th quarter for youth. Worked great at PHS

2. Have Buzz make appearnce w future fans - put on jumbotron .

3 Form a group of Gt Ambassadors like ND has. They could be in gold blasers or polo and they could welcome guets to BDS. (Selectively)Pass out cheap Gt Sidewalk fan hats.

4 . Microdrone show w buzz in accordance w regulations - purpose to show gt has national championship drone racing team.

5. For goodness sake- Bring back
Yellow- Jackets Cheer
Measure and display decibles by side.

This is our last chance or we will be Bucknell out of football.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t know what circles y’all are hanging out with but I’ve never met a GT alum that didn’t bleed old gold and white. Got out 23 years ago and know lots of alum that are older than me, my age and some kids that just got out and some still at Tech.

So much hyperbole by a lot of you. I remember my brother went to several UGA games (he’s a Tech fan) with some buddies of his back in 13 and 14. He said the stadium was about 60% full and this was against Arkansas and another SEC team (he was also there for the Tech game). Blaming fans for the lack of wins on the team is beyond asinine. Winning brings in fans. When Tennessee is losing they are not filling Neyland. WHen UGHEY was Struggling they were not filling their stadium.

You want to fill the stadium. Win games. Period.
I try to go to a game a year when I can. I love Ma Tech and consider her part of my identity but I also have a life and have many other things I do on Saturdays to commit it all to the football program. Too much shaming people for not going to watch the last few years when the program was terrible. I don’t want to spend my Saturday at BDS only to have it ruined by seeing Tech get drug like a rag doll up and down the field (see Ole Miss last year). We’re getting better and I’m excited to see the direction of the program. If we start winning consistently fans will come.

Last edited:

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
EVERY SINGLE SOUL on this website who is able better be in BDS on October 21st. "I don't want to invest in a team that isn't winning." Well, they just beat a ranked and undefeated opponent on the road, and are now coming home for another winnable game. Let's give the players the support they need!

Time to pack Bobby f****** Dodd for BC! And again the following week for UNC!

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
EVERY SINGLE SOUL on this website who is able better be in BDS on October 21st. "I don't want to invest in a team that isn't winning." Well, they just beat a ranked and undefeated opponent on the road, and are now coming home for another winnable game. Let's give the players the support they need!

I’m asking 25 true to heart gold and white fans to like 👍this post GO. JACKETS !!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I'd love to be there but unfortunately got a little banged up after falling off my bike the other day and won't be able to make this one. Would be a wonderful sight to see the Dodd packed out.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Was just thinking how long has it been since we had a quality home win? It really seems we play better on the road in a hostile loud environment.

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan
Was just thinking how long has it been since we had a quality home win? It really seems we play better on the road in a hostile loud environment.
It's because the home environment is so bad that it deflates the players. This has likely cost us multiple games over the years. I get the whole chicken and egg argument about fixing it, but the point still remains