• Yes, Go Jackets

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 20.4%

• Total voters

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Do you want to kill someone!?!?
Nothing is better for Father-Daughter bonding than comforting her while she’s heaving her guts up after trying to go toe to toe with Dad in a shot drinking contest.

I supposed there is having a grandchild. I have not had that happen yet, but I understand it trumps everything else.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Will be going solo. So if anybody needs an extra body at their tailgate, I can trade some drinks. And also taking suggestions for bars to go to after the game to celebrate*

*or down the sorrows. As a georgia tech fan, I know our history. Although i am starting to wonder if it might just be an Atlanta fan problem
I really like Cypress Street for a good place. More outside seating than inside. Has a very unique feel to it. Plus the food is really good

ChiTownGT

Georgia Tech Fan
It's my first game tomorrow since graduating. Wanted to make sure Marta is safe after the game. Do the trains have quite a bit of Tech fans afterwards?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It's my first game tomorrow since graduating. Wanted to make sure Marta is safe after the game. Do the trains have quite a bit of Tech fans afterwards?
Yes. I ride MARTA almost every game, including after the UNC game, and it was packed full of Tech fans going North. If you switch off the red/gold lines it might be a different story.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I ride marta west line to and from all football games and all basketball games I attend. I never feel unsafe but do see a few characters I stay away from.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Pregaming with some UGA :sick: buddies at my place and watching the UGA/Tennessee game...then the 4 of us are Uber'ing to BDS to watch the real Atlanta team. If you see two random guys at BDS wearing UGA gear, please give them all the sh!t. It'll give them a nice preview of COFH the following weekend...plus it'll make my day to watch them squirm.
You’re a braver man than I.

Watching a uga game before watching Tech was always bad luck for me. I quit doing it years ago because Tech was winless all the times I chose to do that. Now I don’t watch uga at all as a rule. They always seem to do better when I watch. The last time I did was Ohio State and you see how that turned out.

Forgive my superstitious angst.

slugboy

Staff member
I took Marta to the office the other day. Like Bogey said, you might see a weird person, but normally I don’t even see that.

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow

Watching a uga game before watching Tech was always bad luck for me. I quit doing it years ago because Tech was winless all the times I chose to do that. Now I don’t watch uga at all as a rule. They always seem to do better when I watch. The last time I did was Ohio State and you see how that turned out.

I’ve never thought about this but you might be right.

I had not watched them all year, then decided to check out the Ole Miss game and see how they do vs a common opponent.

My prior take on COFH this year was that if absolutely everything went right for us we could make it a game against them. Watching the Ole Miss game that feeling quickly dissipated.

slugboy

Staff member
That’s odd. Everyone else on the train you were riding said there was a weird person on their train.
Happy Nicolas Cage GIF

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Agree with this...not sure Gator Bowl (any bowl would be nice after a 4 year drought) but the extra 15 additional practices are huge for 2024.
The ACCs bowls are all equal split after the orange bowl. There’s a good chance we will be tied for third in the conference. It’s not that far fetched.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I ride MARTA almost every game, including after the UNC game, and it was packed full of Tech fans going North. If you switch off the red/gold lines it might be a different story.
I would park at Lindbergh Station so I could catch any train going north. Always full after a game but I wouldn't mess around in town too long after a late game.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm missing all of it, no choice. Kid is in his HS Football Championship game tonight. Not that we planned to be there anyway.

We have tickets for next Sat, though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

A few years ago I stopped watching games in which I was only pulling for teams to lose. Much happier because of it.

But if uGag or ND are losing big, I'll check out the end to watch the angst.

Hopefully the Vols take care of business today and overcome a 9.5 point underdog status.