Pack Out Bobby Dodd

THWnadlickers

Georgia Tech Fan
CALLING ALL YELLOW JACKETS:

This weekend is when we make a statement to our team that they have the full support of the Yellow Jacket fanbase, NO EMPTY SEATS. Reach out to your loved ones, friends, colleagues, and get them to the Dodd. We have all been waiting for a team that makes us excited to wear the white and gold each and every day, and CBK has done everything in his power to restore that to the program and fanbase alike. It is time that this team and coaching staff are rewarded for all they have done with a packed house every time we come home, starting this Saturday at 8pm. A lot of eyes are watching all of a sudden after that dismantling of the Noles across the pond, so lets show everyone that Bobby Dodd is a place people should be terrified to play at. Wear white, and be loud. GO JACKETS AND THWg!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
One other challenge to the fanbase: be in your seats when the Wreck exits the tunnel. I'm really not sure whether it's an Atlanta traffic thing, having a snoozer of an entrance, expensive food/drinks inside the stadium, slow ingress/concessions, or some other factor. I have a football album and spent a few minutes combing through it for comparison photos to other schools:

VT ~5 minutes before Enter Sandman
1724777452438.jpeg

Ole Miss 20 minutes before their team takes the field
1724777509987.jpeg

Colorado as they take the field:
1724777548105.jpeg

Notre Dame 10 minutes before "Here Come the Irish":
1724777626834.jpeg

And then us for comparison - Louisville game just after run out (the away section density contrast in the far corner is particularly jarring in this):
1724777693401.jpeg

SCST game last season 15 minutes before runout (and ensuing rain delay):
1724777745841.jpeg

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
SC St game isn’t a good example. That was a total washout.

/
I agree, it's FCS and there are some uncontrolled variables at play here. But that Lane Stadium game was a washout too and their fans still came to the game on time. The thunder delay vs. SCST was announced right after special teams trotted out to kick the ball off. It might just be an Atlanta sports culture thing b/c Atlanta United and Hawks games are the same way. I've never been to Sanford Stadium but UGA fans seem to get into Bobby Dodd on time when they play here.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Maybe but there are currently 1493 tickets on Seat Geek which are typically resale of season tickets ... so not sure how that compares to average
I think GT’s ticket office manages how many are on Seat Geek so the prices do not drop too low.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
1724781368846.png

Never seen this feature on StubHub before but seems promising. Not sure if they have collected enough data from past seasons for this to mean anything but that would suggest a UGA/Clemson-esque turnout. Also really speaks to how bad of a job we're doing at getting word about these $15 tickets out. There are very few excuses to buy second-hand this game and you're only hurting your own wallet by doing so.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
View attachment 16694

Never seen this feature on StubHub before but seems promising. Not sure if they have collected enough data from past seasons for this to mean anything but that would suggest a UGA/Clemson-esque turnout. Also really speaks to how bad of a job we're doing at getting word about these $15 tickets out. There are very few excuses to buy second-hand this game and you're only hurting your own wallet by doing so.
To me this reads: this event is in the top 10% in visit traffic out of all the Georgia Tech football home games. So not uga or clemson level of demand lmao

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
To me this reads: this event is in the top 10% in visit traffic out of all the Georgia Tech football home games. So not uga or clemson level of demand lmao
Sorry, to clarify I meant Bobby Dodd Stadium games against UGA or Clemson. We play Georgia approximately once every 12 home games. So beating the demand for that game would put you Top 8%. If we assume Clemson (previously, when we met yearly) is #2/12, that would be Top 16%.

But again, the data just doesn't pass the sniff test here. I don't care how hype our program is right now, we are not demanding tickets at a higher rate than UGA/GT @ BDS.

Edit: I figured it out - it is comparing all the available Georgia Tech football home games for sale currently and says it is Top 10% - yes, no kidding the next game on the schedule 4 days away is the most in demand.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Sorry, to clarify I meant Bobby Dodd Stadium games against UGA or Clemson. We play Georgia approximately once every 12 home games. So beating the demand for that game would put you Top 8%. If we assume Clemson (previously, when we met yearly) is #2/12, that would be Top 16%.
I think it's out of available games, and we don't play uga (at home) or clemson this year. The upcoming game will always have the highest demand, I think this statistic from stubhub is not very relevant. Just go off the cost to attend to gauge demand. It was like $150-200 or something for uga last year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This game is not even going to come close to being a sellout, but it can still be a good crowd with a good atmosphere. The UNC game last year had 35k, and was the best crowd for a non Clem/UGA game I had seen in many years. If the GSU game draws 35k or more it will be a huge success, as long as we win.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't had season tickets in a few years. Kids and life circumstances meant it wasn't feasible to make every game. Under TFG, it got to the point I couldn't even give away tickets to colleagues/customers, except to UGA games.

Got tickets for me and my oldest son (7) for Saturday. Don't know how late he'll make it into the game. But we'll be there in white and gold to cheer the Wreck and our Jackets!