Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Yes of course

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I’m going to help pack Bobby Dodd, let’s goooooo

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
I got a good feeling about this one, Thursday night game, I live in florida and I’m going, if you are a tech fan living in Georgia you better go, I want Bobby Dodd to be PACKED and LOUD!!! Go Jackets!!!!! Tell me if your going to this game

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I got a good feeling about this one, Thursday night game, I live in florida and I’m going, if you are a tech fan living in Georgia you better go, I want Bobby Dodd to be PACKED and LOUD!!! Go Jackets!!!!! Tell me if your going to this game
I’m not going because I’m busy with school that week. Don’t worry, I gave my ticket to another Tech fan!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I've got a feeling we will be favored in that game by the time it gets here.
I dont know .. -
We have a tough start and they play cupcakes till Louisville just they play us.
We could be 2-3 & they could be 5 -1. Hard to expect favorite status.

Imo, this is the game that determines if cgc stays.

Hope for a shoot out and we win in 4th Q

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Where do you guys get the enthusiasm after the past 3 years?
Ever put money into a mutual fund or some other instrument and read the fine print in the prospectus? Somewhere it says (I guarantee this) "past performance is not a guarantee of future results." I understand what they are saying and behave accordingly. :)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I dont know .. -

I think we will be 3-2 going into that game, and based off how tough our schedule is, be a 3.5-6 point favorite going into the game.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Ever put money into a mutual fund or some other instrument and read the fine print in the prospectus? Somewhere it says (I guarantee this) "past performance is not a guarantee of future results." I understand what they are saying and behave accordingly. :)
If a mutual fund manager lost money every time someone invested with him, he’d be out of business.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Where do you guys get the enthusiasm after the past 3 years?
By keeping up with the changes in the program. We have a new coaching staff that includes a former ND OC, a former Georgia and Tennessee OC, and a Heisman winning QB coach. We are bigger and deeper and more disciplined than we have been.

I only see two negatives: 1) we lack experience at positions where experience counts, and 2) many of our fans. I'd say the fans who are negative are fans who don't know much more about the program than we only won 3 games each of the last 3 years, without understanding how, or why, or what has changed. That can be fixed by ignoring the media and learning what is going on with the program. However, I'm not expecting a bowl game until next year though due to lack of experience and the tough schedule.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I dont know .. -

The lost all 5 OL starters. That's tough to overcome for a college team, I don't care who their QB is--so don't believe the media. They also have a rookie HC, and I don't care if he came from Clemson.

Then there is Bobby Dodd at night. I expect a win.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Coach who got the job (CGC) versus coach who wanted the job (Elliott). Should be an interesting game from multiple angles.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The lost all 5 OL starters. That's tough to overcome for a college team, I don't care who their QB is--so don't believe the media. They also have a rookie HC, and I don't care if he came from Clemson.

Then there is Bobby Dodd at night. I expect a win.
Forgot about BDS at night.

Our DL verses there New sounds like a wash.

I respect their wide receivers + the super senior qb who had 4000 yds last year.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Coach who got the job (CGC) versus coach who wanted the job (Elliott). Should be an interesting game from multiple angles.
Is there evidence that CTE wanted the job? I know there were rumors he was a contender for the job at the time, but I assume that was the typical “one of the top assistants in the country” type rumors.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
I have this as our third most likely win on our schedule, the first two are Western Carolina and Duke. The difference maker is it's a home game. I see this as a tossup as of today and would not be surprised if we are favored slightly at home, so the poll about it being an "upset" is a misnomer.

p.s. aren't you the guy who was quoted on another site as being like 13 years old?