PAC 12 Players Want $ and Insurance, Threatening a Boycott

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If colleges did this I'd stop watching or attending college football. I am sure others would still watch/attend, but I would lose interest completely. It might as well be the Coca-Cola Bottlers vs the Froto-Lay Snackpackers as GT vs UGa for all would care about it at that point.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
This is what happens when you breed selfish, entitled, whining takers. Many of them are unemployable in the real world, and, without football, they would not even be in college anyway. I'm already done with NFL, NBA, NASCAR, and anything else that espouses BLM propaganda. I can just as well shut out college football. My local Saturday night dirt track gives me plenty of entertainment.
This right here is racist as ****. If you really are a preacher, that’s why religion is a hoax. Sunday is all “love thy neighbor”, every other day is hatful **** like that. It’s sad that our former student athletes will come on here and have to read **** like this. Bet you wouldn’t say this to Roddy Jones or Calvin Johnson’s face. Try tweeting this at some of our current players and see how that goes for you. Pathetic.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This right here is racist as ****. If you really are a preacher, that’s why religion is a hoax. Sunday is all “love thy neighbor”, every other day is hatful **** like that. It’s sad that our former student athletes will come on here and have to read **** like this. Bet you wouldn’t say this to Roddy Jones or Calvin Johnson’s face. Try tweeting this at some of our current players and see how that goes for you. Pathetic.
If everyone "ignores" certain fonts, then no one will read the garbage spewed. I have no idea what you're responding to, and I'm glad for it.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I re read his post several times. How is "selfish, entitled, whining takers" racist? I don't know how one reads that and thinks "racism ". Maybe the poster has a history?

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I re read his post several times. How is "selfish, entitled, whining takers" racist? I don't know how one reads that and thinks "racism ". Maybe the poster has a history?
I was addressing the bolded part about many NCAA football players being unemployable and only in college because of football. That’s a very common rhetoric for African American football player which make up the majority of players. The fact that he specifically called out BLM movement later in the post, only seemed to prove further the underlying tone from the bolded part to me.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I was addressing the bolded part about many NCAA football players being unemployable and only in college because of football. That’s a very common rhetoric for African American football player which make up the majority of players. The fact that he specifically called out BLM movement later in the post, only seemed to prove further the underlying tone from the bolded part to me.
Gotcha. Thanks for responding.

Milwaukee

Banned

Wondering the same thing. Did I miss something? Did he say something about black pac12 football players and not white pac12 football players?
People that are offended easily (aka soft) always look to be offended.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wondering the same thing. Did I miss something? Did he say something about black pac12 football players and not white pac12 football players?
People that are offended easily (aka soft) always look to be offended.
While I happen in this instance to disagree with @TechPreacher 's post, I also think that to lump ANY criticism of BLM into the "racist" pool (which to be fair @Southpawmac did NOT specifically do, but which was implied) is also problematic. It just seems so hard these days to express an opinion without triggering someone...whether it is @TechPreacher being triggered, or @Southpawmac or whether it is me!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
While I happen in this instance to disagree with @TechPreacher 's post, I also think that to lump ANY criticism of BLM into the "racist" pool (which to be fair @Southpawmac did NOT specifically do, but which was implied) is also problematic. It just seems so hard these days to express an opinion without triggering someone...whether it is @TechPreacher being triggered, or @Southpawmac or whether it is me!

How about refrain from saying stupid ****?

Milwaukee

Banned

I disagree with his post too, but that doesn’t make him a racist unless I’m missing something. People looking to be offended will find a way to be offended.

TechPreacher

Banned

James Brooks. Malcolm Mitchell. Two celebrated examples. Neither would have been in college unless they played football. Many others might be in college, but it wouldn't be at an elite college like Cal. Yet these guys in the PAC12 are whining about wanting revenue sharing. I stand by what I said. They don't appreciate what they've been given. Oh, poor them. So mistreated. Kick them off the team, pull their scholarships, let them enroll and get accepted like the rest of the student body, and see where they end up in life.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member