Our rotation going forward

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's pretty simple. You play your players that give you the best chance of winning now. That is what a coach is supposed to do.
As players improve in practice you start to give them more time in games. As Wright and/or Cole start to practice better they will start to see a few min of game time. if they do well they will get more.

Haywood was playing at a high level before he got hurt. He was avg 8.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.5 apg shooting 48% FG, 50% 3FG, 81% FT with an almost 3:1 Asst:TO ratio. I expect as he gets 100% healthy and gets to practice more with his teammates he will perform at a higher level. I expect Haywood will replace Alston in the starting lineup before the end of the year.

i know this is hard as a fan, but it has been mentioned many times that the idea is to mimic ND with a get old, stay old philosophy. The hard part about that is that it takes time to build that where you can sustain it - likely 4-5 yrs. If you look at ND, most of the younger players play little. Maybe 1 per year plays alot. But then guys who were redshirted, or guys who only played limited min early in their careers all of a sudden start to get alot of time as JR and sometime SO years.

Wright and Cole were both developmental players. Guys that were not expected to play much early in their careers unless they exceeded expectations in practice and whatever game time they got.

As the year goes on maybe Wright or Cole will start to get some time, but that will likely be dependent on whether they improve enough in practice.

When you are 3-1 and still think you have a chance at getting to some postseason, you are going to play the players you believe give you the best chance to win now.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
It's pretty simple. You play your players that give you the best chance of winning now. That is what a coach is supposed to do.
As players improve in practice you start to give them more time in games. As Wright and/or Cole start to practice better they will start to see a few min of game time. if they do well they will get more.

Haywood was playing at a high level before he got hurt. He was avg 8.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.5 apg shooting 48% FG, 50% 3FG, 81% FT with an almost 3:1 Asst:TO ratio. I expect as he gets 100% healthy and gets to practice more with his teammates he will perform at a higher level. I expect Haywood will replace Alston in the starting lineup before the end of the year.

i know this is hard as a fan, but it has been mentioned many times that the idea is to mimic ND with a get old, stay old philosophy. The hard part about that is that it takes time to build that where you can sustain it - likely 4-5 yrs. If you look at ND, most of the younger players play little. Maybe 1 per year plays alot. But then guys who were redshirted, or guys who only played limited min early in their careers all of a sudden start to get alot of time as JR and sometime SO years.

Wright and Cole were both developmental players. Guys that were not expected to play much early in their careers unless they exceeded expectations in practice and whatever game time they got.

As the year goes on maybe Wright or Cole will start to get some time, but that will likely be dependent on whether they improve enough in practice.

When you are 3-1 and still think you have a chance at getting to some postseason, you are going to play the players you believe give you the best chance to win now.

it is no co incidence that a notre dame minus two of its best players looked a whole like us when we were short of players.

they played hard to the end. so did we. they kept the game close. so did we. they lost by a few points. so did we. they will win a few they shouldnt. so did we.