Championship game ratings are out
SEC:
15.2 million viewers
Big Ten: 11.7 million
Big 12: 8.0 million
Pac-12: 4.2 million
AAC: 3.4 million
ACC: 2.6 million

I’m actually just a little surprised the AAC game didn’t do better. There was a lot riding on that game for the playoffs with potentially the first ever G5 team punching their ticket or several other teams just waiting in the wings if Cincy lost.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is why expansion will keep going. It’s all about eyeballs which bring advertising money. The ACC Champ game didn’t matter and the winner doesn’t matter. I’ve posted before that conference championships mean nothing these days. All that matters are the playoffs. Wait till those numbers come out. Then don’t be shocked when within a decade we have a 20 plus team playoff. And when the bowl game numbers are abysmal it will hasten expansion even faster. I can’t wait for a December of playoff games.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I truly do not think people who had no ACC or school ties would have watched the Pitt wake game even if it had playoff implications.

That’s like watching some bottom tier basketball conference with an automatic bid. Sure, they get in, but does anybody care how?

And then they will get the 12 seed, and people will say that those ratings will be good. But that would only be because they are playing the top seed. And it would only be good for the first quarter until it’s a blood bath

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I really respect Wake Forest, but it is a small private school. Pitt could have been a contender, but blew it. Notre Dame may have gotten a bid if they were in a conference. If the ACC really wanted to make money with football they'd go regional with the two divisions. Except for Miami and Florida State name two ACC teams that are absolute bitter rivals. Tech really needs home and away games with Florida State and NCST yearly.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really respect Wake Forest, but it is a small private school. Pitt could have been a contender, but blew it. Notre Dame may have gotten a bid if they were in a conference. If the ACC really wanted to make money with football they'd go regional with the two divisions. Except for Miami and Florida State name two ACC teams that are absolute bitter rivals. Tech really needs home and away games with Florida State and NCST yearly.
I hope we dont become rivals w Duke.

With Texas and OU going to SEC , the bottom schools Vanderbilt Missouri Missouri could be replaced w more powerful schools FSU MIA.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m actually just a little surprised the AAC game didn’t do better. There was a lot riding on that game for the playoffs with potentially the first ever G5 team punching their ticket or several other teams just waiting in the wings if Cincy lost.
It was on at the same time as SEC. If this would have been in any other time slot I think it would have done a lot better.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Wake has played Pitt exactly one prior time. There is no natural rivalry. Think about how weird that is for a conference championship game.

/

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
One more thing to think about. With our champion more thank likely being the lowest, do we really want them getting killed by the number one seed? Would that make the ACC look better because “we had a team in the playoffs”? It’s probably better to have nobody talk about you than to only have bad things to say

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
One more thing to think about. With our champion more thank likely being the lowest, do we really want them getting killed by the number one seed? Would that make the ACC look better because “we had a team in the playoffs”? It’s probably better to have nobody talk about you than to only have bad things to say
Depends on what they do with MSU. Also, we need a winning bowl record.