Orange Bowl

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Personally I want the Spartans! I live in the middle of Spartan country and all of my friends are either fans or alum. Nothing would be better than going to the bar on New Years Eve and running it down there throat!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
First we have to make sure FSU makes the playoffs. With this committee, nothing would surprise me. We had the best showing of any conference runner up.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
After watching their game against Nebraska, Michigan State's very similar to Clemson in that their defense is great, but the offense is stoppable.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
With the very good assumption that FSU makes playoffs, we are locked in to play Mich St in Orange Bowl since Bama and tOSU won. This is the best, most efficient offense CPJ has ever had at GT, even without Smelter who was a big part of it all year.

This will truly give us the stage to prove once and for all that we can still be good against a good defense with a month to prepare.

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Looking at the Orange Bowl selection fine print, if OSU makes the playoff along with FSU, then I think we'll end up playing Ole Miss. Both Mississippi State and Michigan State would serve as stand-ins for their conference champions in another New Year's bowls (Fiesta, Peach, or Cotton this year) and the Orange would get the next-highest-ranked team.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Look for Baylor and TCU to be in the Orange Bowl mix when they are left out of the CFP. I hope we get Mississippi State.

Go Jackets!
Agree don't want defend against the baylor / tcu passing attack . Fsu only tested us deep a few times and that was not pretty. Big 12 baylor tcu Texas tech send 3-4 deep every play if you load the box. If we have to happens to be one hope it's baylor -though friendly family rivalry would run up the costs.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Ranking:
Mich St: 8
Miss St: 10

F/+ Rankings:
Overall:
Mich St: 15
Miss St: 6

Offense:
Mich St: 17
Miss St: 12

Defense:
Mich St: 25
Miss St: 8

Here's something to "ponder" about Michigan State. They currenty have the 13th Ranked Offense, and 7th Ranked Defense, in the Country.

HOWEVER...

The teams they've played against have a COMBINED record of 71-63, INCLUDING one loss teams, Ohio State AND Oregon, with an Average 78th Ranked Offense, 67th Ranked Defense, and 75th Ranked Scoring.

On the other hand, GA Tech currently has the 22nd ranked Offense, and the 64th Ranked Defense in the Country.

HOWEVER...

Teams WE'VE played against have a COMBINED record of 79-54, with an Average 64th Ranked Offense, 42nd Ranked Defense, and 60th Ranked Scoring.

So while, staistically speaking, on first blush, Michigan State looks like they may be a "superior" team on paper, looking deeper into their strength-of-schedule shows their competiion didn't measure up to the one the Yellow Jackets played, and in reality, their numbers were inflated against inferior teams.

www.statmilk.com/NCAAF/Team/255/?

www.statmilk.com/NCAAF/Team/416/?

I think we stay at #11 and don't drop. We'll play Michigan State in the OB.
That's how it should go but one thing I have heard all year is how bad fsu played. Well guess what playoff committee ? Fsu played about as good as it gets on offense and we hung in there with them all game. I read somewhere that fsu has 55 4* players and GT has four 4*star players. Maybe GT is better than the experts tend to believe but wait a second GT isn'tpaying espn big money to promote the football team(nd,Bama,and USC etc). Just the world of college football. It has become bigger than the NFL.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
image.jpg
I'm ready for New Years Eve